By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Metal gear rising could sell over 10 million

Naum said:
A spin-off selling twice as much as the latest main game...

Sound highly unlikely.
Zuhyc said:
Sure, a spin-off will be the best selling iteration in the franchise. It happens all the time.

Yeah when you put it like that it does sound highly unlikely. 

But maybe that's because you failed to mention that the "main game" came out on only the PS3 in 2008, whereas the "spinoff" is coming to both the 360 and the PS3 in 2010.

We don't provide the 'easy to program for' console that they [developers] want, because 'easy to program for' means that anybody will be able to take advantage of pretty much what the hardware can do, so the question is what do you do for the rest of the nine and half years? It's a learning process. - SCEI president Kaz Hirai

It's a virus where you buy it and you play it with your friends and they're like, "Oh my God that's so cool, I'm gonna go buy it." So you stop playing it after two months, but they buy it and they stop playing it after two months but they've showed it to someone else who then go out and buy it and so on. Everyone I know bought one and nobody turns it on. - Epic Games president Mike Capps

We have a real culture of thrift. The goal that I had in bringing a lot of the packaged goods folks into Activision about 10 years ago was to take all the fun out of making video games. - Activision CEO Bobby Kotick

Around the Network
JEDE3 said:
amazon... LOL if you sell 1, 1 day then sell 5000 the next you do realize you have a 5000% increase... right?

Wait...you actually belive I am focusing on a one day increase? You have some major bias issues with the game going multiplat. That has to be it. Now I am putting your credibility on the line. Do you think MGS4 would've outsold MGS 3 without bundles? If you say yes....you're no longer worth my time.

P.S.

It was boring while it lasted.

LOL! STAGE! YOUR RIDIC!

Okay simple maths here. For the 3 weeks NPD suggests bundles attributed to about 13% worth of sales. If the bundles were regularly replenished around the world and they kept up with the 13/87 ratio and it was the same ratio world wide then the most the bundles could account for are 500k.

Now, they weren't regularly replenished WW. I doubt Japan even got 13% of 700k worth of bundles and I doubt they would have kept up the ratio...

Now, why the fuck would we exclude the bundles anyway? Most of the bundles were sold during launch week. Which suggests that those people would have bought MGS4 regardless. Its completely moronic to think they shouldn't count.

So in short OF COURSE IT WOULD HAVE REACHED MGS3 SALES!

JEDE3 said:
LOL! STAGE! YOUR RIDIC!

Okay simple maths here. For the 3 weeks NPD suggests bundles attributed to about 13% worth of sales. If the bundles were regularly replenished around the world and they kept up with the 13/87 ratio and it was the same ration world wide then the most the bundles could account for are 500k.

Now, they weren't regularly replenished WW. I doubt Japan even got 13% of 700k worth of bundles and I doubt they would have kept up the ratio...

Now, why the fuck would we exclude the bundles anyway? Most of the bundles were sold during launch week. Which suggests that those people would have bought MGS4 regardless. Its completely moronic to think they shouldn't count.

So in short OF COURSE IT WOULD HAVE REACHED MGS3 SALES!

First three weeks. How about After the title reached over 4 mil? You still are too blind to attribute even a quarter of the games sales to bundles. You're in an alternate universe, and you obviously have never heard of Motorstorm. You're trying to prove something to me after only three weeks. I gave you those articles to show you initial impact and you're acting like those are the final sales. Sony has survived by creating bundles for their most popular games to draw in new consumers.

LOL! stage you think there were 1million bundles produced? hahahAHHAhahahahhabwahahahahahahahahaHAHAHQHhhDSHSd

Around the Network

Serious question.... do you actually believe the fecal matter you spout?

The only thing about this game that resembles Metal Gear Solid is the title.

The main character, story, gameplay, etc will most likely be VERY different than previous MGS games.

Heck, I loved MGS4 and have little interest in Rising simply because I dislike Raiden as a character.

rising will not be as big game as solid.

i predict 3 million for ps3 and 2million+ for 360

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

@ STAGE

So your telling us that all the people that bought the MGS4 bundles didn't like MGS 4? Ok I get yah.

I say 4mil on ps3 and 3.5 mil on xbox360 if the game is good but 2.5mil on ps3 and 2.3mil on xbox360 if it's average

Bet reminder: I bet with Tboned51 that Splatoon won't reach the 1 million shipped mark by the end of 2015. I win if he loses and I lose if I lost.