By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Lord Flashheart said:
Munkeh111 said:

Chile were good the first 15 minutes, but they do just seem a little violent, I don't like that

And this is what I expect from Sunday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzUA0t3Xy5Y&feature=related

{turn on the vuvulellaz to see what it would be like in the ground!}

I'm all for chants but the WW stuff seems a bit too much.

And where were the RAF in the chant from?

The RAF from England! Of course ignoring all the Canadian, Polish and those from the other home nations....

We could grow up and look at football instead, but that picture doesn't look so rosey

Around the Network

Wow the Swiss were truly awful. How on earth did they make it into the WC in the first place.

Barozi said:
lestatdark said:
kowenicki said:

Portigal v Brazil... worst game of the cupso far... bopring as hell.  nothing to fear there.

ref is being hard on chile..

spaniards falling over and holding their shins at EVERY tackle... like portugal and brazil did earlier.

unlucky... chile started by far the better tam for the first 20 mins.

and agaion nothing to fear here.

Lool, guess you may have missed a lot of matches that were more boring than this one. Nothing to fear from Portugal or Brazil?  Pffft, that's way too much cockiness from someone who's team barely managed to qualify for the elimination round and has lost to Portugal in the past what? 10 years? >_>

OT - The Spain - Chile game is being a heck more entertaining than the afternoon games, but the referee has had crap decisions. The expulsion of the Chile player was the worst of the lot.

I think he means it was the most boring match.

Can't really disagree with that. Only one dangerous situation in the whole game, lots of ridiculously bad shots from 30 meters and more. Horrible free- and corner kicks, very slow football and bad passing.

Most boring probably, even though the second half of the Spain - Chile game was annoyingly boring too. Worst? Far from it. 

Also, what ticked me off was that arrogant comment in the end.

OT - Awesome next round game, Portugal - Spain

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

oh Switzerland.....what a shame

How did the Swiss beat Spain?

The one thing that I find interesting about Spain is that they don't seem to play any wide players. During that match, they had Xavi, Fabregas, Xabi Alonso, Busquetes and Iniesta, who primarily play in the centre, so all their width is coming from the full backs... Which might be something that a team could exploit, especially with the ageing Puyol at the back

Around the Network
Munkeh111 said:

How did the Swiss beat Spain?

The one thing that I find interesting about Spain is that they don't seem to play any wide players. During that match, they had Xavi, Fabregas, Xabi Alonso, Busquetes and Iniesta, who primarily play in the centre, so all their width is coming from the full backs... Which might be something that a team could exploit, especially with the ageing Puyol at the back

To be fair, Spain played a pretty good game against the Swiss. The major factor for their loss was the out of shape Torres, who missed a lot of easy goals, just like he did against Honduras. 

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Munkeh111 said:
Lord Flashheart said:
Munkeh111 said:

Chile were good the first 15 minutes, but they do just seem a little violent, I don't like that

And this is what I expect from Sunday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzUA0t3Xy5Y&feature=related

{turn on the vuvulellaz to see what it would be like in the ground!}

I'm all for chants but the WW stuff seems a bit too much.

And where were the RAF in the chant from?

The RAF from England! Of course ignoring all the Canadian, Polish and those from the other home nations....

We could grow up and look at football instead, but that picture doesn't look so rosey

Couldn't understand them. Besides the raf are from England. Hell if other countries can ignore other nations involved why cant we

Even if the Footballs not going too well lets always keep it about that. It's getting better and besides, It's not so good for them either.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37-G1f-Azqs    This is what i'm expecting from England on Sunday. Come on lads, 2 world wars and one world cup, lol

nintendo and sega fan since i was old enough to hold a game controller.

note: my games collection on my profile is only 20ish% complete, i've got a boatload of 360,saturn and dreamcast games to add and a few ps3 games, thanks :)

lestatdark said:
kowenicki said:

Portigal v Brazil... worst game of the cupso far... bopring as hell.  nothing to fear there.

spaniards falling over and holding their shins at EVERY tackle... like portugal and brazil did earlier.

Lool, guess you may have missed a lot of matches that were more boring than this one. Nothing to fear from Portugal or Brazil?  Pffft, that's way too much cockiness from someone who's team barely managed to qualify for the elimination round and has lost to Portugal in the past what? 10 years? >_>

OT - The Spain - Chile game is being a heck more entertaining than the afternoon games, but the referee has had crap decisions. The expulsion of the Chile player was the worst of the lot.

The thing with the Portugal - Brazil game is that neither team cared much about the score. Brazil was qualified, Portugal was qualified with > 99.9% probability.

I wouldn't advise anyone to base their lack of fear on such a game. Besides, for England there's already plenty to fear when playing against Germany, before the next rounds even come into  question...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
lestatdark said:
kowenicki said:

The thing with the Portugal - Brazil game is that neither team cared much about the score. Brazil was qualified, Portugal was qualified with > 99.9% probability.

I wouldn't advise anyone to base their lack of fear on such a game. Besides, for England there's already plenty to fear when playing against Germany, before the next rounds even come into  question...

Pretty much. I mean, Queiroz used Ronaldo as a Center Striker with no actual forward support (Duda and Coentrao as Forwards made me LOL) until the second part of the second half, when Portugal actually became more dangerous. 

And Brazil didn't even bother to put Robinho on the field. Why would any of the teams extenuate themselves when both had the qualification in the pocket? 

Anyway, it's as you say, they should redirect their fear to Germany, as it's the next big step to take if they want to continue forward in the cup. We have to do the same against Spain

Current PC Build