By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Good game and the German team is pretty young so they'll only improve over time.

Around the Network

Incredible! Even though I'm from Germany I expected Argentina to win before this match. Never had I even imagined Germany could possibly win that high.

Germany was extremely dominant in the beginning, afterwards I think Argentina was clearly better for about half an hour, but they did not manage to shoot a goal. Then Germany came back and became even better.

I feel a bit sorry for Müller though. He's one of Germanys most important players but will be missing in the next game due to a yellow card that I think wasn't really justified. In the slow-motion it just didn't seem like he was using his arm on purpose, his arm hardly even touched the ball.

zuvuyeay said:
lestatdark said:

Got to give it to the Argentinian players though, I had thought the usual south american temper would flare in them when they found themselves without hope of winning. They were very calm and collected (a bit too calm though )

yes,very unlike them,

should of got nasty it might of unsettled the game

they won't make this mistake again....

i 'm a german and uruguayan fan now,oh and paraguayan buti don't fancy their chances much

Well, Paraguay has a small chance against Spain, but the most logical result is supposed to be a victory for Spain. Let's see how that match unfolds.

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

i said at the beginning,i didn't think germany could win it,

because ballack was out and not looking like their usual selves,i also thought klose was injured

however i hadn't heard of the turk and muller,now i have

Above & Beyond

Argentina showed they didnt get any better than in the qualifiers, just got lucky with the crap FIFA rankings putting them in an easy group.

Around the Network
zuvuyeay said:

i said at the beginning,i didn't think germany could win it,

because ballack was out and not looking like their usual selves,i also thought klose was injured

however i hadn't heard of the turk and muller,now i have

The "Turk" has a name, it's Mesut Özil, and he was born in Gelsenkirchen/Germany, the home of Schalke 04. Now you've heard even more.

As much as the germans palyed well today. THEY will lose to spain. IT is a spain holland final... Someone new shall win the World Cup. I guarantee it.

It would be nice for a virgin World Cup winner. Though looking at the quality of football this German side is presenting, they will have to work pretty damn hard for it.

dampowell said:

As much as the germans palyed well today. THEY will lose to spain. IT is a spain holland final... Someone new shall win the World Cup. I guarantee it.

Spain? They better show something extremely positive against Paraguay then, because both the in the group stage games and against Portugal, they showed a much inferior football than the one being practiced by the Germans. 

Anything can happen in 90 minutes, but with that logic, Spain still has to beat Paraguay too

Current PC Build

CPU - i7 8700K 3.7 GHz (4.7 GHz turbo) 6 cores OC'd to 5.2 GHz with Watercooling (Hydro Series H110i) | MB - Gigabyte Z370 HD3P ATX | Gigabyte GTX 1080ti Gaming OC BLACK 11G (1657 MHz Boost Core / 11010 MHz Memory) | RAM - Corsair DIMM 32GB DDR4, 2400 MHz | PSU - Corsair CX650M (80+ Bronze) 650W | Audio - Asus Essence STX II 7.1 | Monitor - Samsung U28E590D 4K UHD, Freesync, 1 ms, 60 Hz, 28"

Tuganuno said:

Well done Germany. No idea how they lost against Serbia.

because Serbia played better?