By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No GTA V *Multiplatform* Release in 2010

All this statement is saying, that the next multiplat GTA will be out 2011 I guess.

No chance that this will be exclusive. There are more than 7.1 million sold copies on the Xbox360 and there are 5.67 million sold copies on the PS3. As a developer/publisher you do not want to miss those sales.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

Thats very intersting, take two did say that if microsoft dont do something about there storage for 360 games, they wont get the next GTA game..

mM
Squilliam said:
BMaker11 said:
Squilliam said:
^ You're insane. Nice strawman argument btw.

If GTA was linear any game is linear, multiple discs shouldn't be an issue. A nuisance, but not an issue to the gameplay experience. I don't know what's "strawman" about trying to go to a different part of the game, but cant because it's on the other disc. How else would they solve the problem of GTA being too big for a DVD

Its divided into islands. So while the PS3 owner is waiting to install 5GB the Xbox 360 owner is waiting to install 5GB, but that takes less time and is optional? Pretty much makes it equal doesn't it? The game is divided into islands, so obviously once you go to the second island youd be on the second disc, however since Microsoft charges extra royalties for extra discs why would they care? They'd make twice as much as Sony off the game and Sony still had to pay the price for the Blu Ray, its a total win/win for them.

Then what about Arcade owners? They won't be able to install the second disc.....meaning for a game like GTA, they can't even FINISH the game. They can only play half.

Yeah, I think I heard that Agent was going to be pushed as the next GTA, so, I doubt the team would be doing both games around this time.  Wait 6 years, and see what happens.

BMaker11 said:
Squilliam said:
BMaker11 said:
Squilliam said:

If GTA was linear any game is linear, multiple discs shouldn't be an issue. A nuisance, but not an issue to the gameplay experience. I don't know what's "strawman" about trying to go to a different part of the game, but cant because it's on the other disc. How else would they solve the problem of GTA being too big for a DVD

Its divided into islands. So while the PS3 owner is waiting to install 5GB the Xbox 360 owner is waiting to install 5GB, but that takes less time and is optional? Pretty much makes it equal doesn't it? The game is divided into islands, so obviously once you go to the second island youd be on the second disc, however since Microsoft charges extra royalties for extra discs why would they care? They'd make twice as much as Sony off the game and Sony still had to pay the price for the Blu Ray, its a total win/win for them.

Then what about Arcade owners? They won't be able to install the second disc.....meaning for a game like GTA, they can't even FINISH the game. They can only play half.

The obvious answer of course is that the game will infact be on one disc no matter how much you dislike the thought. Though I suppose they could you know, really use the extra space offered by the BR disc and make the PS3 choke on high resolution textures, detailed models and whatnot. Is 10FPS an acceptable compromise for using the BR disc to its capacity?

Tease.

Around the Network
Squilliam said:
BMaker11 said:
Squilliam said:
BMaker11 said:
Squilliam said:

The obvious answer of course is that the game will infact be on one disc no matter how much you dislike the thought. Though I suppose they could you know, really use the extra space offered by the BR disc and make the PS3 choke on high resolution textures, detailed models and whatnot. Is 10FPS an acceptable compromise for using the BR disc to its capacity?

Even though they said that if M$ doesn't fix their storage problems...they won't get GTAV???? And I thought the PS3 version of GTAIV was the one that ran better. You know...extremely less pop-in, warmer colors and textures, etc? I remember starcraft getting his panties in a MAJOR bunch when it came out. Kept repeating "10 OUT OF 10 MEANS THEY ARE EQUAL!" even when reviewers were saying that the PS3 version ran better. He was overlooking the fact that just because there aren't as many textures here, and maybe a framerate drop there, it wasn't going to change the score between the two versions...but overall the PS3 version was just better.

BMaker11 said:
Squilliam said:

Even though they said that if M$ doesn't fix their storage problems...they won't get GTAV???? And I thought the PS3 version of GTAIV was the one that ran better. You know...extremely less pop-in, warmer colors and textures, etc? I remember starcraft getting his panties in a MAJOR bunch when it came out. Kept repeating "10 OUT OF 10 MEANS THEY ARE EQUAL!" even when reviewers were saying that the PS3 version ran better. He was overlooking the fact that just because there aren't as many textures here, and maybe a framerate drop there, it wasn't going to change the score between the two versions...but overall the PS3 version was just better.

I've never heard of warm textures, but really why would they give up on over $200M in revenue over some disc space. It does not compute. 

Tease.

Squilliam said:
BMaker11 said:
Squilliam said:

I've never heard of warm textures, but really why would they give up on over $200M in revenue over some disc space. It does not compute. 

Seriously. All this talk about technical whatevers and disc space mean nothing. The majority of the almost 13 million GTA4 copies were sold on the 360. That means that if GTAV is too big to fit on a DVD, they will find a way to MAKE it fit.

Dianko said:
Squilliam said:
BMaker11 said:
Squilliam said:

Seriously. All this talk about technical whatevers and disc space mean nothing. The majority of the almost 13 million GTA4 copies were sold on the 360. That means that if GTAV is too big to fit on a DVD, they will find a way to MAKE it fit.

iD Software couldn't MAKE Rage fit onto one disc....and now they're paying royalty fees for it. That's the solution I guess. I never said that GTAV wouldn't come to the 360 because of disc issues. But disc space IS an issue, and the lack of an HDD in Arcade systems is also an issue. It'll screw consumers

I want Vice City GTA on the Ps3 and 360 =(