By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No GTA V *Multiplatform* Release in 2010

Carl2291 said:
indodude said:
@Carl2291

So the Arcade owners will be left out of the online mode and the side missions?

That would be the problem, but MS are doing it with Forza 3.

If it turns out well on Forza 3 i dont see why Take-Two, with a much bigger franchise couldn't do the same.

Wait what is MS doing with Forza 3?

Around the Network

^^yes but Forza 3 is a racing game, when GTA is a sandbox game

indodude said:
Carl2291 said:
indodude said:
@Carl2291

If it turns out well on Forza 3 i dont see why Take-Two, with a much bigger franchise couldn't do the same.

It is too large for 1 disc, so they are releasing it on two discs. The second one will have alot of cars and tracks that you will savo on your harddrive. While the first will have some cars and tracks and the game it self

indodude said:
Carl2291 said:
indodude said:
@Carl2291

Im not 100% sure on this so you'll have to forgive me if im wrong.

Forza 3 will be a 2 disc game, 1 disc will have a lot of features and will have to be installed onto the HDD.

The other disc will be used to play the game.

This means anyone without the hard drive, cant play the game.

@Dsister that is possible,they could use like a 50mb install,since arcades have 512mb.

Around the Network

^^why would they release it on two disks if the add-on content is only 50mb

So that was the 3rd option in making GTAV? Limit the game. Keep 2 discs...swap discs at every load screen. Or screw Arcade owners.

It's a lose-lose-freakin lose situation

Edit: I actually already knew of that option (with Forza 3 in mind). But I was afraid I may get banned for saying "GTAV will just pull a Forza 3"

@Rafichamp the 50mb could be for saved games,cars,buildings owned,weapons and health,money and all that stuff. Or they could have a gig optional install used for even more stuff for people with HDD that is.

The second disc could be the game.

^^although 50mb seems too small for all the buildings cars etc, I see your point.

dsister44 said:
indodude said:
Carl2291 said:
indodude said:
@Carl2291

It is too large for 1 disc, so they are releasing it on two discs. The second one will have alot of cars and tracks that you will savo on your harddrive. While the first will have some cars and tracks and the game it self

Man am i glad i have 120GB HD!!  Thats the one thing i think MS screwed up on for the 360.  They should have had a big hard drive (at least 60 GB) Standard on every 360.