By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - No GTA V *Multiplatform* Release in 2010

That's good news, more time to perfect the game.

PROUD MEMBER OF THE PLAYSTATION 3 : RPG FAN CLUB

Around the Network

A new Grand Theft Auto will not be quick to make. The amount of time and money that it took to make GTA IV was crazy and they sure as hell couldn't make a new one within 2 years. GTA V will probably be released in 2013 at the latest. Look how long it is taking them to make the DLC packs for the Xbox 360.

I love guessing games :)

And I'm sure they will make GTA V for the Xbox 360 and think of a solution with 2 discs. I doubt they would throw away a potential 10 million sales over something as simple as disc storage.

rafichamp said:
keep in mind people, GTA IV didnt release right after GTA III.

And SFIV didn't release immediately after SFIII lol. Spin offs that are actually full and canon games FTWW!

Around the Network

^^or maybe Sony actually gave some money to Take-Two.

kiefer23 said:
And I'm sure they will make GTA V for the Xbox 360 and think of a solution with 2 discs. I doubt they would throw away a potential 10 million sales over something as simple as disc storage.

There is absolutely no solution to GTAV on the 360 if it's "too big". It's an open world game (of the largest scale that we have on consoles). The only "solution" would be to limit the game (which is NOT acceptable). Unless you're ok with trying to go across the street and a screen of "please insert disc 2" comes up, you get what you needed then go back across the street, and a screen of "please insert disc 1" pops up

^ You're insane. Nice strawman argument btw.

Tease.

Squilliam said:
^ You're insane. Nice strawman argument btw.

If GTA was linear any game is linear, multiple discs shouldn't be an issue. A nuisance, but not an issue to the gameplay experience. I don't know what's "strawman" about trying to go to a different part of the game, but cant because it's on the other disc. How else would they solve the problem of GTA being too big for a DVD

^^maybe download part of the game through Live, but that would seem very odd.