By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Destructoid: Sony needs to STFU

MDMAniac said:

One home console *cough*Wii*cough* is enough for everyone. Sony should quit and let the industry flourish again.

One console is not enough. I would never buy a Wii, and neither would the majority of people who own HD consoles. I don't want Nintendo's first party, or their third party, or any games on Wii. Gaming is meant to involve having some sort of choice and the Wii may be a very good console, but it cannot fill the place of everything. One HD console and the Wii would be a minimum, and I think things are fine just now with three consoles.

There really is some sort of "Wii is god, everybody must love Wii" mentality going around lately. Along with this new "Sony is the devil" mentality, things are getting pretty annoying.

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

People hate sony for various reasons.

Quite a few here know why i do.

twesterm said:
I was considering posting this but looks like I was beaten. :-p

And yeah, more or less agree. I don't think I've ever seen PR as bad as Sony's this gen and nobody as annoying as Sony fanboys who refuse to accept that Sony fans that refuse to believe that Sony isn't the absolute best anymore.

Twestern, you definitely have a way with words. Excellent, excellent post.

Ronster316 said:

It says in your sig, so we all do

Disliking Sony is fine, what's annoying is disliking Sony, then pretending to like Sony so you have an excuse to hate on Sony. Some of what he said was valid, some of it was stupid fanboy drivel.

But then Destructoid is generally completely useless, so...

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

What I find amusing the most about this thread is the amount of people complaining about sony and the same amount complaining about the complainers of sony.

Some of the stuff being said is like if Sony is the only one ever bashed. Nintendo gets bashed where more than this. Hell Microsoft at one point was also written off.

As for the main topic at hand, Sony PR sucks plain and simple, and honestly I don't care if you call me a sony hater or not, if you noticed my collection you would see I am far from that.

Around the Network
Kantor said:
Ronster316 said:

It says in your sig, so we all do

Disliking Sony is fine, what's annoying is disliking Sony, then pretending to like Sony so you have an excuse to hate on Sony. Some of what he said was valid, some of it was stupid fanboy drivel.

But then Destructoid is generally completely useless, so...

Yeah, best to be blunt, love or hate, not love one minute then hate the next.

its been three years and ps3 stil hasn't blown us away in graphics. the differences are minimal. did not live up to the hype.

"What's worse is the fact that so-called fans of the PlayStation 3 continue to justify Sony's imbecility by putting their heads right down in that very same dirt. Unable to accept criticism of the company since it's a perceived slight on their favorite videogame console, they can't see just what they're doing in the long run. They see anybody with ill words for Sony as an enemy or a threat to their precious machine, unable to see that there's only one thing that will truly threaten the PS3's existence -- its own creator."

absolutely true.

Kantor said:
MDMAniac said:

One home console *cough*Wii*cough* is enough for everyone. Sony should quit and let the industry flourish again.

One console is not enough. I would never buy a Wii, and neither would the majority of people who own HD consoles. I don't want Nintendo's first party, or their third party, or any games on Wii. Gaming is meant to involve having some sort of choice and the Wii may be a very good console, but it cannot fill the place of everything. One HD console and the Wii would be a minimum, and I think things are fine just now with three consoles.

There really is some sort of "Wii is god, everybody must love Wii" mentality going around lately. Along with this new "Sony is the devil" mentality, things are getting pretty annoying.

And that if any game gets below an 8.5, that reviewer is a hater, and all the media is biased

Xbot said:
its been three years and ps3 stil hasn't blown us away in graphics. the differences are minimal. did not live up to the hype.

Duh it hasn't blown anything away. With almost unlimited upgrade capacity in PCs, they're graphics will always be the ones that blow people away

In terms of consoles, name one game that looks better than KZ2 that isn't on the PS3. Please, I dare you