By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Destructoid: Sony needs to STFU

Aiemond - Have you once looked at Activision games sell on Sony platforms? Do you even know that he was not just talking about PS3? He was talking about dropping all support for Sony platforms. Have you once looked at how third party published games sell on the Wii? On PS3? How about the two in comparison? The gap is nowhere near how big it was back in the PS2 days. Have you ever seen the sales for Activision games on PS3? OK...I thought not.....do that...and then tell me how dreadful Sony's third place console is doing. Pretty damn god for last place if you ask me.

PS3 exclusives are going to 360 because of Wii's success. That's it. And it is not a one way damn road. Look at how many 360 exclusives have come to PS3 and then tell me that third parties are running from PS3. It sounds like you are still in early 2007 my friend. 360's highest rated exclusive EVER, Bioshock (and its forthcoming sequel), have now come/are headed to PS3. Eternal Sonata, Dead Rising 2, Lost Planet, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Tales of Vesperia are several other examples that pop straight into my mind.

Activision not developing for Sony would be a dumbfuck move on Activision's part, especially since they already have people that know how to develop for PS3 and have already put out so many games. Don't call me a fanboy then stand up for every piece of shit that is written against Sony.

Around the Network
perpride said:
Aiemond - Have you once looked at Activision games sell on Sony platforms? Do you even know that he was not just talking about PS3? He was talking about dropping all support for Sony platforms. Have you once looked at how third party published games sell on the Wii? On PS3? How about the two in comparison? The gap is nowhere near how big it was back in the PS2 days. Have you ever seen the sales for Activision games on PS3? OK...I thought not.....do that...and then tell me how dreadful Sony's third place console is doing. Pretty damn god for last place if you ask me.

PS3 exclusives are going to 360 because of Wii's success. That's it. And it is not a one way damn road. Look at how many 360 exclusives have come to PS3 and then tell me that third parties are running from PS3. It sounds like you are still in early 2007 my friend. 360's highest rated exclusive EVER, Bioshock (and its forthcoming sequel), have now come/are headed to PS3. Eternal Sonata, Dead Rising 2, Lost Planet, Ninja Gaiden 2 and Tales of Vesperia are several other examples that pop straight into my mind.

Activision not developing for Sony would be a dumbfuck move on Activision's part, especially since they already have people that know how to develop for PS3 and have already put out so many games. Don't call me a fanboy then stand up for every piece of shit that is written against Sony.

+ that another 1 of 360's favorite game that is now comming to ps3.

I

Xxain said:

I do not believe more ppl did not respond to this

While your first post reminding him what he overlooked was warranted, continuing to beat the same drum after the person has already retracted and apologized is pretty classless of you. In the future, please be the bigger man.

I said it before and I'll say it again. Sony needs to leave the console business. They're just making fools of themselves.

Around the Network
piningforthefjords said:

I said it before and I'll say it again. Sony needs to leave the console business. They're just making fools of themselves.

What, because they made a system that's lost billions or because their PR sucks? The former also applies to Microsoft, who stuck in it, and the latter was Nintendo to a T for over a decade (and they're still in it too).

CGI-Quality said:

How come Microsoft and Nintendo's issues get overlooked but Sony is the Devil?

Let's not go overboard. Give me five minutes on this site alone, and I can give you dozens of examples to the contrary, and we both know it.

noname2200 said:
piningforthefjords said:

What, because they made a system that's lost billions or because their PR sucks? The former also applies to Microsoft, who stuck in it, and the latter was Nintendo to a T for over a decade (and they're still in it too).

Yeah, but Sony's guilty of both where as Microsoft and Nintendo are each only guilty of one.

MDMAniac said:

One home console *cough*Wii*cough* is enough for everyone. Sony should quit and let the industry flourish again.

Flourish again? The industry flourished the most under the wing of Playstation. Or does the PS1 selling the most consoles EVER (100M+), and then the PS2 taking that record, and smashing it (120M+), not constitute "flourishing"?

piningforthefjords said:
noname2200 said:
piningforthefjords said:

Yeah, but Sony's guilty of both where as Microsoft and Nintendo are each only guilty of one.

Eh, I'm not so sure. Microsoft's PR last generation was pretty damned spotty, to be polite (but then they were mostly Sega orphans, which explains a lot). And by all rights Nintendo should have lost money on the Gamecube: I'm still in awe that they didn't.

CGI-Quality said:

I'm not talking about the general consensus amongst supporters of said platforms, just him in general.

Gotcha. Can't speak to that, since I don't really recognize him.