By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A hillarious situation I witnessed in Wal Mart today...

coolbeans said:
If I was the sales-person she'd asked, I would've slapped her for such nonsense :P.

the thing is, I understand the sales person and why she would say..."yeah wii is awesome". You see, Walmart employees dont really care...she probably jsut wanted them out of her isle.

So she could have started explaining how xbox is more powerful...but that would have just caused them to start arguing even more. Now that I look back, Im sorry i didnt say anything... "the kid knows best, give him an xbox" would be suffice

Around the Network

See guys this is why advertising is important, there are people out there that actually think the wii has the best graphics just because its popular(ive seen it).

mM

Lol, This isn't surprising at all.  I'm sure it happens all the time...

Kantor said:
Mom: The wii is much more powerful and cool... you will like it better.

Mom: Don't cry, they have the same games anyways.

Those two statements were the two biggest failures. Why does his mother CARE what game system he gets?

I agree. She's shown it's not about who has the better exclusives or trying to shield him from violent games when she claimed they have the same games.
If they have the same games why care what machine they're played on. The only other factor for her then should be what machine does her son want?

He doesn't care which is more powerful and it's his choice. She could go for price but if the 360 is cheaper then another factor in favour for the machine the kid chooses.

She's misinformed and that assistant is an idiot.

Out of interest, how old was this kid? 6? 9? 12? 14?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Around the Network

What a bitch.

41 and still living in her basement

^lol...

Kid was 10 or 11 maybe

disolitude, was the mother fat?

But war... war never changes

the mom did the right thing.

why do you think the kid wanted an xbox? to play viva piñata? no. After the Xbox he would bully her into other things.

I'm no prude, but even I recognize children should be nowhere near certain types of game experiences. Xbox live and stuff like that, nuh uh, absolutely not.