By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A hillarious situation I witnessed in Wal Mart today...

amp316 said:
You support Wal Mart?

Terrrible.

Better than supporting any game specific retailer such as Gamestop or EB, who just can't wait to sell you those 4 extra pre-orders and 3 year warranties that you don't need, or offer you a "new" game that turns out to be used, or fuck over Devs with their horrendous used games/trade in services, or lie to you, or feed absolutely false information to uneducated customers.

By life end:

• Wii- 100 million+
  • Xbox360- 35~40 million
  • PS3- 30 million
  • PSP- 30~32 million ------------- FAILURE
  • NDS- 85~90 million (Skeptical)  - FAILURE
  • NDS- 100 million+ (Optimistic) -- Success!

Around the Network
FaRmLaNd said:
I've been playing doom since I was 5, it hasn't screwed me up...

NOT

While we are talking about voilent games, I think that its truly scary when you think about how quickly gaming violence has progressed. Like prototype, gears 2...those are some violent games...this mom has the right to be worried for her son (if that is the case for her getting the wii)

However wii has its share of violent games too. And if she was to lead by example, she would have given her son an xbox and got him peggle, uno and Viva pinata. Afterwards she would have watched his gaming habbits closely...

So really it doesn't matter which system you get...if you let your gaming system raise your kids...they will end up like FaRmLaNd :)

I guess the kid can play the conduit, I'm sure it's better than halo 3, and then buy mario kart cuz ya know Forza 3 ain't that good, after all the wii is more powerful than the 360 according to that not so tech savvy mother, and she must be right she had backing and confirmations from that sales lady who clearly is tech savvy her self and definitely knows what kids want even if the kid crying because there not getting exactly what they want.

on a serious note, I bet you this mother is one of these "COOL" people that only own mac products not because they are user friendly but because it simply cool to own one and nothing more, god I hate these fucks, they are the worst to deal with in tech support, but I suppose a mother knows best right, right?

Well thats the whole point isn't it?

All systems have violent games, its really up to the parents to police their children's games libraries. Because games stores don't, I've seen 10 year olds walking out of game stores with ma15+ games without raising an eyebrow.

The other issue is graphics, back in the day you could play fallout 1 and see some of the most brutal deaths ever in a game, but even a normal games these days will probably look worse due to the advances in graphics technology.

@ Destroyer
lol...i think business customers that are loosing millions of dollars a minute because their blackberry is not working are the worst tech support customers. Pretend tech savy moms i didnt have too much problems dealing with when i did tech support few years back...

Around the Network
FaRmLaNd said:
Well thats the whole point isn't it?

All systems have violent games, its really up to the parents to police their children's games libraries. Because games stores don't, I've seen 10 year olds walking out of game stores with ma15+ games without raising an eyebrow.

The other issue is graphics, back in the day you could play fallout 1 and see some of the most brutal deaths ever in a game, but even a normal games these days will probably look worse due to the advances in graphics technology.

Indeed...back in the day I had to hide scorpions spear in Mortal Kombat form my mom as it was "Too voilent".

Today other games have used the technology to display much more disturbing things.

Meanwhile this is what they do with my beloved Scorpion...

Shadow)OS said:
amp316 said:
You support Wal Mart?

Terrrible.

Better than supporting any game specific retailer such as Gamestop or EB, who just can't wait to sell you those 4 extra pre-orders and 3 year warranties that you don't need, or offer you a "new" game that turns out to be used, or fuck over Devs with their horrendous used games/trade in services, or lie to you, or feed absolutely false information to uneducated customers.

You make some valid points but look up anything about Wal Mart's business practices and you will find out that they are immensely worse. 

I would start a list of things but I don't want to get carpal tunnel. 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

disolitude said:
@ Destroyer
lol...i think business customers that are loosing millions of dollars a minute because their blackberry is not working are the worst tech support customers. Pretend tech savy moms i didnt have too much problems dealing with when i did tech support few years back...

don't know about that mate, all I know is that it took over 10min to convince a customer to powercycle his mac, bastard kept telling me the mantra that macs don't need to turned off unlike shit PC's with windows, after I threaten to release the call because he was not co-operating he finally powercycled the fucken mac, and guess what, it resolved his retarded issue, the ungrateful prick then just hung up with out even saying thanks of even apologising for his rude behaviour, such is the case though in tech support I suppose, but I find that mac users on average are worse to deal with than PC people...I guess it's this "I'm to cool to have my cool mac break, and way to cool to have a PC dude even attempt to help me so I'll be a cool prick just for the fuck of it, BTW did I mention I'm cool?" type of thought proccess or something.

Well that's my general experience. XD

disolitude said:

If parents are looking to protect their kids against M rated games, they need to constantly check what he is playing no matter what system he owns.

You're wrong.
The Wii has this powerful and high tech thing called parental control, which the parents can activate, and thus don't need to constantly check what their kids are playing.

That's plain evidence that this mom knows way more about the Wii than you at the very least. No wonder she sees the Wii as the more powerful system, if that's the only one with parental control.

disolitude said:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now I found this quite funny, but at the same time it makes me wonder...this kid cleary wanted a 360, but mom bought him a wii. Why?

Is it becuase wii is family freindly with a clean image? YES  !!!

Is it because its cheaper and she didn't want to spend more than $269? Nah, xbox is 199...

Is it because she wants to play Wii Fit when hes not home? Bingo!

I don't know if I'm looking to start a discussion here, I just thought I'd share my gaming story of the day...any thoughts, comments?

I go this one !!!

whatever, funny story

Time to Work !