By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A hillarious situation I witnessed in Wal Mart today...

It's all about media hype and word of mouth.

Hilarious situation though. Ignorance at it's finest.

Around the Network
ookaze said:
disolitude said:

If parents are looking to protect their kids against M rated games, they need to constantly check what he is playing no matter what system he owns.

You're wrong.
The Wii has this powerful and high tech thing called parental control, which the parents can activate, and thus don't need to constantly check what their kids are playing.

That's plain evidence that this mom knows way more about the Wii than you at the very least. No wonder she sees the Wii as the more powerful system, if that's the only one with parental control.

Yeah, the 360 has that, and I 'm pretty sure the PS3 does as well

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

It makes perfect sense...Since the kid wanted the most powerful system he wanted a Wii cause its the most powerful right? No,you see Sony cleaverly came up with the idea that Wii owners will "Graduate" to a better and more powerful system,that is why she got him the Wii,she knows what he wanted all along! Thats why she said Wii was more powerful. Ingenious!

Mom: The wii is much more powerful and cool... you will like it better.

Mom: Don't cry, they have the same games anyways.

Those two statements were the two biggest failures. Why does his mother CARE what game system he gets?

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Gnizmo said:
disolitude said:
amp316 said:
You support Wal Mart?

Terrrible.

Hey... where else can I get 3 copies of Timecop for 9.99?

But I don't even want one copy of Timecop.

Gnizmo can't shop for crap confirmed.

And spoiled kids shouldn't get shit.

Around the Network
Kantor said:

Those two statements were the two biggest failures. Why does his mother CARE what game system he gets?

Maybe because she's paying for it?  Not to mention she's his Mom.  She has every right to care.

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

Destroyer_of_knights said:
disolitude said:
@ Destroyer
lol...i think business customers that are loosing millions of dollars a minute because their blackberry is not working are the worst tech support customers. Pretend tech savy moms i didnt have too much problems dealing with when i did tech support few years back...

don't know about that mate, all I know is that it took over 10min to convince a customer to powercycle his mac, bastard kept telling me the mantra that macs don't need to turned off unlike shit PC's with windows, after I threaten to release the call because he was not co-operating he finally powercycled the fucken mac, and guess what, it resolved his retarded issue, the ungrateful prick then just hung up with out even saying thanks of even apologising for his rude behaviour, such is the case though in tech support I suppose, but I find that mac users on average are worse to deal with than PC people...I guess it's this "I'm to cool to have my cool mac break, and way to cool to have a PC dude even attempt to help me so I'll be a cool prick just for the fuck of it, BTW did I mention I'm cool?" type of thought proccess or something.

Well that's my general experience. XD

I get the exact same thing at work.  It's always the Mac users that have troubles printing and then when I try to convince them to get on a pc and print they freak out and we go through the exact same bs that you just posted. 

Smash Bros: 2363-5325-6342 

poor kid.

LOL... I hear that all the time I go to a store that sells consoles. In this case, in Portugal, is with the PS3... is better in every way.

Old news, this thread...

Nick said:
Kantor said:

Maybe because she's paying for it?  Not to mention she's his Mom.  She has every right to care.

Well, unless the Wii Fit thing was correct, or she is secretly a Mario fanboy, I don't see why she would mind. It can't be price, because the 360 is cheaper!

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective