By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - A hillarious situation I witnessed in Wal Mart today...

you are wrong in your conclusion. It is obvious that the mom is a hardcore gamer and she knows that the Wii is the vastly superior console. The child is obviously way to casual and doesn't know what is good for him.

It makes perfect sense.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Around the Network
tyig said:
disolitude, was the mother fat?

Are you saying all misinformed people are fat?

Because I'll go with that otherwise how do you explain how they don't know what a sensible portion is and keep falling for all those fad diets.

wii is more powerful than xbox 360 momies and sales ladies says that so it must be true.
last week i was in Saturn(big market with electronics) and 30+ guy was looking for a ds game for his nephew. he picked up Mario Kart and Cocoto Kart Racing(or whatever that shit is called) and asked girl working there which is better and she told him that Mario Kart is way better - i can't believe that kid will be so shafted when he will get Cocoto Kart Racing only because it was cheaper. he literally can't give it back or trade it in anywhere and i doubt anyone would buy it on our version of ebay - he's fucked big time.

tyig said:

By North American standards...no.

Lord Flashheart said:
tyig said:

Are you saying all misinformed people are fat?

Because I'll go with that otherwise how do you explain how they don't know what a sensible portion is and keep falling for all those fad diets.

No, you got it wrong, I asked if she was fat because there's an even bigger chance she was buying it for wii fit.

But war... war never changes

Around the Network
Azelover said:

the mom did the right thing.

why do you think the kid wanted an xbox? to play viva piñata? no. After the Xbox he would bully her into other things.

I'm no prude, but even I recognize children should be nowhere near certain types of game experiences. Xbox live and stuff like that, nuh uh, absolutely not.

lol...I agree. but you dont have to hook it up to the net...you can buy him only T rated games or below... If he plays COD4 he will do it at his freinds house anyways so there is nothing she can do about that.

The kid came out the wisest out of this situation. He learned that if you want something nice, you cant depend on people giving it to you but will have to work for it. The rest involved all lost brain cells for nothing.

What a spoiled little brat. I've had to pay for almost every single console I've owned (since NES) out of my own pocket, and this little twit is complaining about getting a free Wii? WTF is the world coming to.

^ I dont think its fair to call him a brat cause hes complaining.

He has the right to want the system he likes... Plus mom was trying to make it like it was a democracy. She wasn't saying "Im buying you a wii"...but instead "Wii is the best, lets get that one".

If mom took me shopping when I was a kid and she said "Lets get that Atari Jaguar"...I'd be screaming too. Not saying Wii = Jaguar...however kid ay have some insight on why he wants a 360.

Maybe Bobby accross the street got a 360 and he stole his gf with it. And now when she hears he got a Wii instead...wait, nevermind

*edit

disolitude said:
^ I dont think its fair to call him a brat cause hes complaining.

He has the right to want the system he likes... Plus mom was trying to make it like it was a democracy. She wasn't saying "Im buying you a wii"...but instead "Wii is the best, lets get that one".

If mom took me shopping when I was a kid and she said "Lets get that Atari Jaguar"...I'd be screaming too.

I would argue that that is a slightly different scenario

I sorta agree the kid is a bratt, but I also sorta agree that the mom could have handled things better.

If you drop a PS3 right on top of a Wii, it would definitely defeat it. Not so sure about the Xbox360. - mancandy
In the past we played games. In the future we watch games. - Forest-Spirit
11/03/09 Desposit: Mod Bribery (RolStoppable)  vg$ 500.00
06/03/09 Purchase: Moderator Privilege  vg$ -50,000.00

Nordlead Jr. Photo/Video Gallery!!! (Video Added 4/19/10)

Classic story. :)