By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 getting a 360 favorite

deadt0m said:
twesterm said:

The people saying it's Gears is crazy, that just isn't going to happen.

If I had to guess, I would guess it's going to be one of these:

• Dead Rising -- Dead Rising 2 is coming to the PS3 so it makes sense them re-releasing it on the PS3 especially since they just did the Wii port.
  • Mass Effect -- This is assuming it has been confirmed that ME2 is coming to the PS3 (I don't remember if it has been), otherwise, I wouldn't count on this one.
  • GTAIV DLC -- I wouldn't be surprised if the Lost and the Damned was a timed exclusive.
  • Left4Dead -- It could happen but it isn't being done by Valve.  It's going to be another quick port if it is done.

Personally, I think they're talking about Dead Rising.

I agree with every word of this.

Apart from GTA IV DLC being a game..... though I do expect those episodes to come to PS3

BioWare have been talking about how they are enjoying working on the PS3, and Valve have been saying that they are interested in PS3 development but need a proper team

I think it is likely rubbish, weren't they the ones who promised a brand new PS3 exclusive and it turned out to be nothing, but I think it is most likely to be Dead Rising, I think ME won't come out on PS3 until ME 2 has been released on Xbox

Around the Network

Mass Effect 1, maybe L4D. (Assuming this isn't bullshit)

must be halo =)no but serioulsy,maybe it bioshock 2 =)no even more seriuolsy i doubt its L4d as valve said they dont like working with the ps3...

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Too many people think its going to be a disc based game. It could easily be something on Live. And even more all this news could just be plain bullshit.

Blood_Tears said:
If DR is this special release, is DR any good? any major flaws with it?

I played about an hour of this on the 360.  My impressions where extremely long and frequent load times, subpar graphics(even for a sandbox game), and a strange save system.  I still own it, but I have no desire to play it again.  If it is Dead Rising and it is a straight port, I don't think it will be received well.  That being said, many people love this game so it's quite possible it's an enjoyable experience that I am incapable of having.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network

Hmmmm...assuming we are dismissing TV Calibration 2 (Microsoft would never let that go) and Falling Dirt (that's hardly a favourite):

1) Halo 3- lol. No.

2) Gears of War 1/2- lol. No.

3) Mass Effect- maybe

4) Left 4 Dead- ANYTHING but this, please. Who wants a Valve game on a console? Plus it'll probably be another shitty port.

5) If it can be an Arcade game, Braid.

6) Star Ocean- Actually, L4D doesn't sound so bad now.

That's all I can think of. I'm going to go with Mass Effect (or perhaps Mass Effect Sigma )

(Former) Lead Moderator and (Eternal) VGC Detective

Seraphic_Sixaxis said:
Star Ocean: The Last Hope or Gears... Maybe even ME 1....

I Hope its SO4, i dont like Gears or ME....

Erm...you own a 360.

seece said:
So its a game already released?

and no clue whatsoever! boy that doesn't make it easy ... there are the obvious games like L4D, ME, but it could be an XBLA, something like Castle Crashers?

Braid classifies as a favourite, I'm not sure Castle Crashers does, though. Don't think Dead Rising does either, unless they are using the word favourite very loosely.

I would be very disappointed if it's not either Left 4 Dead 1/2 or Mass Effect. I would personally prefer ME over L4D mainly because I don't want a disaster of a port like The Orange Box.

It's not going to be gear cause quantum is in the works.