By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS3 getting a 360 favorite

DEAD RISING 1 was cancelled for ps3

mM
Around the Network
Skeeuk said:
badgenome said:
Skeeuk said:
dead rising was already confirmed its gotta be something else.

No, Dead Rising 2 was confirmed.

well if DR2 is confirmed then DR1 would be very anticlimatic

so i dont think its that, if DR1 was coming i dont think it would be any big news i think its something else.

games that i have ruled out 100% are as follows, splinter cell, halo, forza 3 and crackdown.

i think it most possibly will be a mass effect port but will be called something else like mass effect sigma.

If it was some sort of megaton, it probably wouldn't be coming from some random PS3 fansite.

Capcom's projections for this year showed they had one or two more SKUs coming for the PS3 than for the 360, so Dead Rising would make sense.

badgenome said:
Skeeuk said:
badgenome said:
Skeeuk said:

so i dont think its that, if DR1 was coming i dont think it would be any big news i think its something else.

games that i have ruled out 100% are as follows, splinter cell, halo, forza 3 and crackdown.

i think it most possibly will be a mass effect port but will be called something else like mass effect sigma.

If it was some sort of megaton, it probably wouldn't be coming from some random PS3 fansite.

Capcom's projections for this year showed they had one or two more SKUs coming for the PS3 than for the 360, so Dead Rising would make sense.

thats a good point

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Munkeh111 said:
deadt0m said:
twesterm said:

The people saying it's Gears is crazy, that just isn't going to happen.

If I had to guess, I would guess it's going to be one of these:

• Dead Rising -- Dead Rising 2 is coming to the PS3 so it makes sense them re-releasing it on the PS3 especially since they just did the Wii port.
  • Mass Effect -- This is assuming it has been confirmed that ME2 is coming to the PS3 (I don't remember if it has been), otherwise, I wouldn't count on this one.
  • GTAIV DLC -- I wouldn't be surprised if the Lost and the Damned was a timed exclusive.
  • Left4Dead -- It could happen but it isn't being done by Valve.  It's going to be another quick port if it is done.

Personally, I think they're talking about Dead Rising.

I agree with every word of this.

Apart from GTA IV DLC being a game..... though I do expect those episodes to come to PS3

BioWare have been talking about how they are enjoying working on the PS3, and Valve have been saying that they are interested in PS3 development but need a proper team

I think it is likely rubbish, weren't they the ones who promised a brand new PS3 exclusive and it turned out to be nothing, but I think it is most likely to be Dead Rising, I think ME won't come out on PS3 until ME 2 has been released on Xbox

The Balad of Gay Tony and The Lost & Damned won't ever be coming to the Playstation 3. Microsoft gave Rockstar $50million (which is $20million more than the Halo 3 development budget) for them to make two EXCLUSIVE Episodic expansion packs. Microsoft basicly funded the development and all the advertisements +more (it sure as hell didn't cost $50million to create both of them) so there is no fucking way these two packs would make it to the Playstation 3 so Sony make some free profit and Playstation 3 owners get some enjoyment out of a Microsoft/Xbox 360 funded project.

Its like Sony paying exclusive rights (forever), funding the development and all advertisements of Final Fantasy XV (for example) then releasing it on the Xbox 360 a year and a half later.

leo-j said:
DEAD RISING 1 was cancelled for ps3

Off topic: Leo-J sort your sig out or remove it.

My browser drops to like 1fps when one of your posts are on my screen and my laptop has more then enough power.

Around the Network

Why announce this now? Can't they just wait till they are given the go-ahead to announce it?

Oh yeah, less hits that way

Braid or dead rising(this one would be lame), might be ME but doubt it

It's probably Braid. ME would be great on the PS3 however. One can only hope.

Skeeuk said:
badgenome said:
Skeeuk said:
badgenome said:
Skeeuk said:

thats a good point

and mass effect has been ruled out as a possibility as well.  spartanfx posted a link from bioware earlier this week where they clarified that mass effect is under an exclusive agreement with microsoft up till mass effect 2.  Much like gears of war.

How about Star Ocean 4? I got a copy sitting near me and it doesn't have the "Only on XBox 360." unless It's received a PC release like Last Remnant did?

It's just that simple.