By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 2009 is indisputably the Year of the Wii

Because I want to bring peace and prosperity back to these forums, and avoid any console warz that may be brewing, I come to you with the undeniable truth: 2009 is the Year of the Wii in terms of awesome software releases. What follows is everything you need to know to agree that the Wii owns 2009, and so we can stop this pointless bickering once and for all. In 2009, the Wii's release schedule is:

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

It's a new console 2D Mario platformer, something we haven't had since Super Mario World. And now it's got 4-Player competitive co-op. It's going to be GIGANTIC; bigger, better, and more badass.

Yeah the Wii's got a crapload of other great releases that have either already released or are going to be released, but who cares? There's no point in throwing more blows after you've landed the knockout punch.

So, to would-be console warriors, know the truth, and let's all get along.

Around the Network

You beat me to it!

My version was just going to have a picture of WSR and a caption saying...

"Ha, outsold you all!"

Carl2291 said:
You beat me to it!

My version was just going to have a picture of WSR and a caption saying...

"Ha, outsold you all!"

We'll save that one for the next round, i.e. next week.

I'm confused. I have been told that it is the year of the ps3,X360, and now the Wii. Who should I believe?

It is going to get real bad when they make a Psp and Ds one.

I was actually just thinking of this myself. The only system that can challenge it is the PS3, but while it does have a few AAA games this year, thats ALL it has. All it has are those like 6 big games. The Wii has some good quality and a lot of quantity. Truly something for everyone.

"Pier was a chef, a gifted and respected chef who made millions selling his dishes to the residents of New York City and Boston, he even had a famous jingle playing in those cities that everyone knew by heart. He also had a restaurant in Los Angeles, but not expecting LA to have such a massive population he only used his name on that restaurant and left it to his least capable and cheapest chefs. While his New York restaurant sold kobe beef for $100 and his Boston restaurant sold lobster for $50, his LA restaurant sold cheap hotdogs for $30. Initially these hot dogs sold fairly well because residents of los angeles were starving for good food and hoped that the famous name would denote a high quality, but most were disappointed with what they ate. Seeing the success of his cheap hot dogs in LA, Pier thought "why bother giving Los Angeles quality meats when I can oversell them on cheap hotdogs forever, and since I don't care about the product anyways, why bother advertising them? So Pier continued to only sell cheap hotdogs in LA and was surprised to see that they no longer sold. Pier's conclusion? Residents of Los Angeles don't like food."

"The so-called "hardcore" gamer is a marketing brainwashed, innovation shunting, self-righteous idiot who pays videogame makers far too much money than what is delivered."

Around the Network

dsister44 said:
I'm confused. I have been told that it is the year of the ps3,X360, and now the Wii. Who should I believe?

You fool! Compare the three lists, and it's obvious that the Wii is light-years ahead of the competition. Knockout punch my good sir! Knockout-punch!!!

i was hoping you list Modern warfare 2, next time then.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Meanwhile...the DS enters its third full year of 30 million + sales, remaining, rather easily the most popular platform ever.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

TheSource said:

Meanwhile...the DS enters its third full year of 30 million + sales, remaining, rather easily the most popular platform ever.

get the hell out this thread, this is for fanboy only. jeez

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
TheSource said:

Yeah, the DS' 2D Mario platformer came out in 2006. Not 2009. Fission Mailed!