By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - 2009 is indisputably the Year of the Wii

Does anyone have a more precise release date for this gem?

Around the Network
Samus Aran said:
^ They still count in the war as the wii is still beating up the 2 other consoles.

In what categories besides sales? Platform and Party games....and lifestyle games? I guess so.

They sure as hell aren't winning with FPS, or action-adventure, or RPG or anything the two warring consoles are fighting over right now. This is the first gen that I have to witness a major graphics whore war. The Wii isn't apart of that. Wii games cannon be judged on par with HD console games, because of the different control schemes. I mean seriously. The Wii has tapped a totally different demographic that Sony has been trying to go after for years and Microsoft is just beginning to turn in the direction of. The Wii has won. All Microsoft and Sony can do is battle it out to see who ends this in second place. The Wii is on its own.

The only people that really like rpg a lot are the Japanese and a lot of people frown upon the xbox360 there. Sure, some people like rpg's here, but they tend to sell like crap outside Japan. Final fantasy and pokemon being the exception. I'm pretty sure Nintendo won rpg in Japan because of dragon quest... Xbox360 and ps3 can fight all they want, but pc is the winner in FPS. The wii has also some of the biggest adventure games (zelda and metroid come to mind), but probably is not winning there, but hey, atleast it has one of the best games in it :)

The only real thing HD consoles won against the wii is mature games...

What?

SCRIBBLENAUTS.

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

Cheebee said:

What?

SCRIBBLENAUTS.

It would be a contender if I could type in "Mario" and an overall-cladded plumber appeared and curb stomped any obstacle in my way.

on a serious note - i'm really looking forward to scribblenauts.

Check out the VGC Crunch this Podcast and Blog at www.tsnetcast.com

Around the Network
noname2200 said:

This was meant as a joke thread in response to the two threads I linked to. And there's little point in going much further: between BengaBenga's thread and my own WiiWare/VC thread, 2009's better releases (and a few more besides...) are already covered.

Man, I guess I'm taking too many things seriously on this forum. Better be laid back for now. Anyway, 2k9 and around the corner 2010 are the year for the Wii(that's a joke too :P)!

And proud member of the Mega Mario Movement!