By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 2008 Year of the PS3 ? - No big games anymore for the XBOX 360 and Wii ?

Ps3 is already too far gone. And the Wii will be the big console in 08!

Send me a message if you want to be Wii friends.

Around the Network
choirsoftheeye said:
starcraft said:
You also have to remember that the 360 will see UT3, Haze and a couple of other timed sequels that add to the impression that there is a plethora of games for the system (MGS4 anyone?). At the same time, the PS3 will see Eternal Sonata and probably Ace Combat.

Going on the list above the 360 has more quality JRPG's, especially if FFXIII comes in 2009. At the same time, I think the 360 has more JRPG's coming that we don't know about. Infinite Discovery was a recent development and I think there is no way that Microsoft came into this generation after the Japanese Xbox debacle with only BD, LO and Cry on up their sleeve.

Finally, Alan Wake is coming from the guys that made Max Payne, so put it in bold RIGHT NOW. Especially if your going to bold Killzone 2, which is the sequel to a poor game and coming from a developer with an unproven history.

Personally, I'd bold Too Human. But I've been excited about some version of that title for um... SEVEN YEARS since it was originally announced for the PlayStation (1)!!

I suspect Too Human will blow people away - but we'll see. I have a lot of faith in Silicon Knights - given enough time and resources.

EDIT - this will be up for debate, but I'm fairly certain Gears of War II will see a Xmas '08 release (as one of the killer-apps for the 360 over Xmas).

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Hehe, Shams, it's Disaster: Day Of Crisis not Day of Disaster..as for Sadness my guess is that it's vaporware by now. We still wait for a proper Starfox though. If Mario Galaxy is the successor to Mario 64 maybe we can expect the same with Starfox 64.

"You won't find Adobe here in Nairobi"

@Shams (Too many qoute boxes!)
I am really looking forward to Too Human. I think the online co-op will be a big selling point for that game!

Love the product, not the company. They love your money, not you.

-TheRealMafoo

Too human should be pretty sick. Mind you after ten years you would hope so. Mind you i reckon you could be right about gears of war 2. The engine was running well for the last game, you would think that they could make the sequel with a few graphical and physics improvements within two years.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

I'm planing on buying 4 games in 2008 already!
Wii Fit
used Mario & Sonic at the Olympics
Mario Kart
used Geometry Wars: Galaxy

Plus I want to rent a few games for the Wii Zapper:
Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Ghost Squad
Resident Evil Umbrella Chron

And more games like the New Star Wars with light saber control and Rockstar's Table Tennis

Once the new games are announced (most of the games for next year have not even been announced) I'll likely pick up another game and rent a couple more. The Wii will have so many good games by the end of 2008 that I will not be able to even play half of them. Honestly, I could see complaining if you lived in your parents basement and had no life, but for busy people 2008 is looking to be a great year for the Wii.

currently playing: Desktop Tower Defense (PC), Puzzle Quest (DS), Trauma Center New Blood (Wii), Guitar Hero III (Wii), Ghost Squad (Wii), Actraiser (SNES), Donkey Kong County (SNES), The Legend of Zelda (NES), Kirby's Adventure (NES)

will play next: Paper Mario (N64), Golden Axe II (Sega), NiGHTS (Wii)

Join the Ron Paul RLOVEution, support Ron Paul for president in the 2008 Republican presidential primary! http://www.ronpaul2008.com

my friend
gran turismo is 10 millions sellers ( its like halo )
metal gear solid 4 . (millions sellers
killzone 2 (millions sellers)
the gateway (millions sellers
infamous
heavy rain (quantic dreaaaaaaamm)
jak & daxter(millions seller)
tekken 6(millions seller)
white knight story
yakuza 3
8 days
la noir (rockstar)
africa
2 days 2 vegas
wardevil
socom 4(millions seller)
the agency
Valkyrie of the Battlefield
way of samurai 3
bumby trot 2
diagaea 3
shin megami tensei 3

star ocean 4
resistance 2
motorstom 2
gow 3
team ico game
FF 13
FF versus
persona 4?

just some great exclusives from great studios

There is supposed to be a Too Human press thingy middle of this month. Dennis has already promised that it will have presentations and allow any of the invites to actually play the game.

http://blogs.ign.com/silicon-knights/2007/09/12/66071/

Consider that Metal Gear Solid 4 has a fantastic chance of coming out on the 360, and there is also a chance that Final Fantasy 13 will be released on the 360 in 2009, the same year as the PS3.  So your top 'PS3-exclusives' have questionable exclusivity.

So far, everything that was supposed to be big for the PS3 in 2007 was either delayed or fell far short of expectations. It makes sense that, if the delayed games actually come out in 2008, it will have a pretty big year if they don't keep falling short of expectations.

Nintendo's style is often to leave big games unannounced until they're closer to release. It's basically the opposite of Sony, who seem interested in playing up all of their games as huge AAA games and suggesting they'll come out much earlier than ever possible.

Just because we're not aware of huge games coming out for Nintendo in 2008 aside from Mario Kart, No More Heroes, Wii Fit, Animal Crossing, Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicals, and Wii Music doesn't mean there won't be many more huge games. Hell, in the beginning of 2007 we had no idea SSB:B and SMG would be released in 2007 (although we suspected Metroid Prime).

I for one am just glad to see Sony and MS battling on the gamersmarket, the current line up of games for PS3, PC and 360 have profited much from this battle. Games are becoming better all the time and every game launched has put quality standards higher.

I doubt the Wii can be compared to the other platforms I posted, but it´s doing great so I won´t bother posting more about it now.

More competition provides all of us with better standards and it´s a shame I see so many useless fanboy posts about how great their PS3/360/Wii is. It´s a complete waste of time and it distracts our attention away from the most important fact that the gaming business has matured a lot trough this console war.

If we could just get the gamers themselves to mature instead of blabbering nonsense over and over again we could get back to the reason we bought a console in the first place, gaming.

Edit± before I forget, I also think this could be PS3´s year when compared to the 360 but I doubt that the latter will do badly all of the sudden. The Wii is in a league of it´s own.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979