By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 2008 Year of the PS3 ? - No big games anymore for the XBOX 360 and Wii ?

Girl Gamer Elite said:
quarashi said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Astrodust said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Six months ago I'm sure people would have told you that Lair and Heavenly Sword would have spelled doom for the 360 or Wii line up as well.

Lair, Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and Warhawk have all underperformed imo. I'm not sure any of those games will break 500,000. That said, I would buy Warhawk if I had a PS3. Also in terms of games for the Wii in 2008, I think Red Steel 2 will be a pleasant surprise. I respect Ubisoft and predict they will get the sequel right.

Exactly, but only one problem. Didn't Capcom make Red Steel?

Nope Red Steel was Ubisoft.

You sure Ubisoft didn't just distribute it in the states? I could've sworn it was Capcom. Oh well.

Looking it up, Ubisoft Paris developed the game

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

XBOX 360 Exclusive Lineup 2008:
These are games that I feel have a likelihood of selling 500,000 copies or more.

-CERTAIN RELEASES-
Grand Theft Auto 4 Episodes 2 and 3
Too Human
Alan Wake
Halo Wars
Fable 2
Banjo 3
Ninja Gaiden 2
Left 4 Dead
Lost Odyssey
Elveon
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Infinite Undiscovery
Huxley
Marvel Universe Online
Postal 3
World in Conflict
Sabotage
Bully: Scholarship Edition
F.E.A.R. Files
Dead Island
Dark Messiah of Might & Magic: Elements
Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures
Totems
Warhound
Voodoo Nights

RUMORED 2008:
Halo Chronicles (Peter Jackson's Halo Project -- rumored Q4 2008)
Cry On
Gears of War 2
Bioshock 2

PS3 Exclusive Lineup 2008:
These are games that I feel have a likelihood of selling 500,000 copies or more.

-CERTAIN RELEASES-
Infamous (supposed to release in January, but it's sort of disappeared. Has it been pushed back?)
LittleBigPlanet
Metal Gear Solid 4
The Wall
Heavy Rain (I'm not confident it will sell 500,000 copies since Indigo Prophecy bombed, but it looks awesome, so I'm including it)
Gran Turismo 5
Tekken 6
WarDevil
Hot Shots Golf 5
White Knight Story
Killzone 2
SOCOM: Confrontation

RUMORED 2008:

Final Fantasy XIII (likely 2008 Japan, 2009 US)
Jak and Daxter: The Lost Frontier
Motorstorm 2
Resistance 2

Well as I demonstrated in another thread:

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=0&id=6863

Wii has a larger quantity of games coming out this fall due to its larger user base. I don't see that changing in 2008. Just like all other generational leaders, Wii will have the largest game library. Also, as mentioned before Nintendo is and has always been very tight lipped about new projects.

PS3 - The "next year" console
X360 - The "right now, right here" console
Wii - The "everywhere" console

Harvey Birdman said:
I still think that Sony has the best lineup in 08, MGS4, FFXIII, GT5, and White Knight Story(level 5). The 360 has a decent line up, But Sony's line up is stronger. Even 360 fans want MGS4 so to say it's not that big is an understatement. Until the rumors about MGS4 and FFXIII being Multiplatform are backed up by trusted resourses (Konami, Square Enix), not website forums with devoted 360 fans, don't believe it.I won't mention the Wii lineup because it has proven that no matter what comes out the Wii will sell.

The Final Fantasy series has proven itself throughout the years as being one of the best RPG experiences of all time so why isn't FFXIII getting the respect it deserves? Is it because it's PS3 exclusive? I know the PS3 isn't selling well and there are people on these forums don't like Sony, but compared to what the PS3 has with MGS4 and so on to what the 360 has, Sony has the stronger lineup. If you add Gears of War 2, I'll add God of War 3, since both have yet to be announced.

I can't speak for everyone of course, but PS3 has the weakest line up to me. I know I'm not with the majority when it comes to MGS, but I've never understood it's popularity. I tried MGS2 and found it horribly boring. So the only ones I'm interested in are FF XIII and White Knight Story. And even at that, I think FF has gone downhill since number 7. I just keep getting them because I'm hoping that they'll be great games again. But so far, not yet, and plenty of people I know think the same way. So if I have to skip FF XIII, big deal. Oh, oh, and sorry about that scotland yard, you're right, I'm highly looking forward to Left 4 Dead too!

Tag: Hawk - Reluctant Dark Messiah (provided by fkusumot)

Around the Network

An f-zero wii game would sell in the 500 K to a million range as well... and there are a ton of new IP's that third parties and nintendo are looking to capitilize on...

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

Well LA Noire is still an exclusive for the PS3 but is DMC 4 an exclusive for one of the consloes?

I'll take the case!!!

Harvey Birdman said:
Well LA Noire is still an exclusive for the PS3 but is DMC 4 an exclusive for one of the consloes?

L.A. Noire has been pushed to 2009 by Rockstar.

In terms of PROVEN franchises, then sony has a bigger set up next year, at least in my mind. In terms of great games, i see them at about equal. Sony fans AND 360 fans have a great year to look forward too, and wii we dont know about, but im for sure that it will, it most likely has alot of unanounced games.

Hmm, i dont see a gears of war 2, or bioshock 2, or GOW 3 this year, possibly 2009, and 2010 for bioshock.

FF 13 is most likely 2009, and Infinite undiscovery also has a chance to be 2009, along with cry on.

With regard to Call of Duty 4 having an ultra short single player campaign, I guess it may well have been due to the size limitations of DVD on the XBox 360, one of various limitations multi-platform game designers will have to take into consideration-Mike B   

Proud supporter of all 3 console companys

Proud owner of 360wii and DS/psp              

Game trailers-Halo 3 only dissapointed the people who wanted to be dissapointed.

Bet with Harvey Birdman that Lost Odyssey will sell more then Blue dragon did.

No big games for the Wii in 2008? That's hard to say with hardly any known...

"Like you know"