By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 2008 Year of the PS3 ? - No big games anymore for the XBOX 360 and Wii ?

Kojima doesn't decide what console MGS4 goes on in the end, Konami does, and they've been making comments about recouping loss development funds that a PS3 version won't be able to make back alone.

FF13 most likely will stay PS3, but it is being made with a multi-platform engine.

Around the Network

It's way too early to say who will PWN 2O08 when they all have their own decent software coming.

Most of the first poster's list is guesses, anyway. It's not like hype = auto hit (Lair/MySims).

I think Wii sales will go far past Christmas into the new year, just from people who could never get one due to stock shortages. Super Mario Galaxy, Mario Sonic Olympics and Smash Bro's have huge legs too, so there's no doubt they'll be able to carry the Wii well into 2008.

Way I see it, Nintendo don't even need a strong set of releases in 2008 to sell their console, Wii Fit and Animal Crossing are enough to keep things going along with the legs of Mario, Smash Bros etc. However, it just so happens the Wii is shaping up to have a strong line up as well.

Also, is Wii Love Golf coming out in 2007? Cause that'll be a system seller in Japan.

Girl Gamer Elite said:
Astrodust said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Six months ago I'm sure people would have told you that Lair and Heavenly Sword would have spelled doom for the 360 or Wii line up as well.

Lair, Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and Warhawk have all underperformed imo. I'm not sure any of those games will break 500,000. That said, I would buy Warhawk if I had a PS3. Also in terms of games for the Wii in 2008, I think Red Steel 2 will be a pleasant surprise. I respect Ubisoft and predict they will get the sequel right.

Exactly, but only one problem. Didn't Capcom make Red Steel?

Nope Red Steel was Ubisoft.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

quarashi said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Astrodust said:
Girl Gamer Elite said:
Six months ago I'm sure people would have told you that Lair and Heavenly Sword would have spelled doom for the 360 or Wii line up as well.

Lair, Heavenly Sword, Ninja Gaiden Sigma, and Warhawk have all underperformed imo. I'm not sure any of those games will break 500,000. That said, I would buy Warhawk if I had a PS3. Also in terms of games for the Wii in 2008, I think Red Steel 2 will be a pleasant surprise. I respect Ubisoft and predict they will get the sequel right.

Exactly, but only one problem. Didn't Capcom make Red Steel?

Nope Red Steel was Ubisoft.

You sure Ubisoft didn't just distribute it in the states? I could've sworn it was Capcom. Oh well.

Around the Network

I'm so sad that I keep seeing lists of hyped 2008 games for 360 without LEFT 4 DEAD. I think that game is going to come out of nowhere and sell a million copies. I played a demo on the PC at a convention in Vegas about three months ago and it was one of the most fun games I've ever played. Absolutely frenetic and myself and all my teammates spent the entire time yelling at each other to 'look out!'.

I still think that Sony has the best lineup in 08, MGS4, FFXIII, GT5, and White Knight Story(level 5). The 360 has a decent line up, But Sony's line up is stronger. Even 360 fans want MGS4 so to say it's not that big is an understatement. Until the rumors about MGS4 and FFXIII being Multiplatform are backed up by trusted resourses (Konami, Square Enix), not website forums with devoted 360 fans, don't believe it.I won't mention the Wii lineup because it has proven that no matter what comes out the Wii will sell.

The Final Fantasy series has proven itself throughout the years as being one of the best RPG experiences of all time so why isn't FFXIII getting the respect it deserves? Is it because it's PS3 exclusive? I know the PS3 isn't selling well and there are people on these forums don't like Sony, but compared to what the PS3 has with MGS4 and so on to what the 360 has, Sony has the stronger lineup. If you add Gears of War 2, I'll add God of War 3, since both have yet to be announced.

I'll take the case!!!

I'm not sure that Killzone will make it in 08. There has been very little details about the game in terms of gameplay and multiplayer (no beta yet). I can see it being delayed til late 08 or early 09.

I'll take the case!!!

How many of those big 360 titles will also be on the PC? You can't say the same about the big PS3 titles.

So what do you win if your prefered console sells more than another?

and don't forget all the Ninjabread man spin offs!
They should sell 10 milion + units each on Wii!!!