By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - 2008 Year of the PS3 ? - No big games anymore for the XBOX 360 and Wii ?

Hello

In 2008, Sony will hit hard with :

Metal Gear Solid 4

KillZone 2

Gran Turismo 5

Final Fantasy XIII (probably 2009 in USA and Europe)

White Knight Story

Little Big Planet

Home

Motorstorm 2

A lot of people seem to think the Xbox 360 wont have big titles for 2008, i think they are wrong, of course these PS3 games are HUGE but the Microsoft's console will have some pretty interesting titles too :

Lost Odyssey

Splinter Cell Conviction

Fable 2

Ninja Gaiden 2

Halo Wars

GTA IV (right, it will be on PS3 too but without the addons)

Alan Wake

Banjo Kazooie 3

Too Human

Cry on (3rd jrpg from Mistwalker)

Infinite Discovery ( jrpg from Tri Ace/SE)

and probably (if not in 2009)

Gears of War 2

And last for the Wii, we have less information, i think but we already know that we will have these ones :

WiiFit

No More Heroes

Mario Karts

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles : Crystal Bearers

So finally i think we can agree that the biggest titles seem to be on the PS3 and that the Wii has a lot less games annonced than the two others. However the Xbox 360 has a very good lineup already and i am pretty sure a lot more great games will come in 2008 on the Wii too.

What do you think ?

Did i miss important games ?

And what console will have the best games in 2008 ?

Bye.

Zones : I still don't understand all the love for Blizzard, what was the last game they developed worth playing?
Around the Network

The PS3's line-up for 2008 looks good at the moment because every major game that was supposed to be released in 2007 was delayed into 2008 and every game that has an unknown release date is assumed to come out in 2008; many of these games can see further delays or be ported.

At the same time Nintendo and Microsoft have not been hyping their 2008 games yet because they want to focus everyone on the games they're releasing today; Nintendo (for example) wants everyone buying Mario Galaxy, Metroid and Super Smash Bros they don't want people focusing their attention on a game that won't be released for 14 to 16 months.

The PS3 has the best titles in spring thats for sure, but thats only because they couldn´t get them out for the hollydays (Edit: squirl beat me on that one):, the 360 has some great titles for 08 already and I bet there are still some great ones to be announced, still to early to say.... the Wiis lineup after Kart and Fitt is a complete mystery but thats not a bad thing...yet.

Nintendo most likely will have MANY titles that will be good, and we won't know about for awhile. There is no way I'll say it's the year of the PS3. I bet Animal Crossing comes out next fall, and that thing will sell like Hot Cakes. (Hot Cakes sell quite well, I guess.)

I am Daemon. I am the Word.

We can only speculate what will hit the Wii in '08 at this stage, but its going to be huge. In terms of quantity, its going to far exceed both the 360 & PS3 I think.

Wii potentials:

- Wii MotorSports
 - Wii Nintendogs
 - Wii Animal Crossing
 - Next 'Tales Of...'
 - Fatal Frame
 - Wii Pikmin (may be '09, not confirmed)
 - Wii Music (?)
 - Day of Disaster
 - Crystal Chronicles
 - Mario Kart
 - WiiFit
 - Pokemon Adventure (speculation)
 - Sadness( '09? if ever?)
 - No More Heroes
 - Star Wars (on all, but might be "special" on the Wii?)
 - Dragon Quest Swords (US/Europe)
 - Mysterious Dungeon

...and lets not underestimate the power of WiiWare. I think Ninty have some serious surprises lined up. 

Europe also has a bunch of titles that won't be released in '07 - Brawl, RE:UC, and a heap more.

Its not a bad *start*. Already more than I could purchase for the entire year :P 

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network

As of confirmed line-ups right now, the PS3 and the 360 have leagues better games for next year than the Wii. Hopefully that will change at least a bit. I'd like to see a more even set of lineups.

You also have to remember that the 360 will see UT3, Haze and a couple of other timed sequels that add to the impression that there is a plethora of games for the system (MGS4 anyone?). At the same time, the PS3 will see Eternal Sonata and probably Ace Combat.

Going on the list above the 360 has more quality JRPG's, especially if FFXIII comes in 2009. At the same time, I think the 360 has more JRPG's coming that we don't know about. Infinite Discovery was a recent development and I think there is no way that Microsoft came into this generation after the Japanese Xbox debacle with only BD, LO and Cry on up their sleeve.

Finally, Alan Wake is coming from the guys that made Max Payne, so put it in bold RIGHT NOW. Especially if your going to bold Killzone 2, which is the sequel to a poor game and coming from a developer with an unproven history.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Nintendo is always secret about their projects. They have an expo where they might reveal some games.

Kimi wa ne tashika ni ano toki watashi no soba ni ita

Itsudatte itsudatte itsudatte

Sugu yoko de waratteita

Nakushitemo torimodosu kimi wo

I will never leave you

starcraft said:
You also have to remember that the 360 will see UT3, Haze and a couple of other timed sequels that add to the impression that there is a plethora of games for the system (MGS4 anyone?). At the same time, the PS3 will see Eternal Sonata and probably Ace Combat.

Going on the list above the 360 has more quality JRPG's, especially if FFXIII comes in 2009. At the same time, I think the 360 has more JRPG's coming that we don't know about. Infinite Discovery was a recent development and I think there is no way that Microsoft came into this generation after the Japanese Xbox debacle with only BD, LO and Cry on up their sleeve.

Finally, Alan Wake is coming from the guys that made Max Payne, so put it in bold RIGHT NOW. Especially if your going to bold Killzone 2, which is the sequel to a poor game and coming from a developer with an unproven history.

Personally, I'd bold Too Human.  But I've been excited about some version of that title for um... SEVEN YEARS since it was originally announced for the PlayStation (1)!!

Also, isn't Tekken 6 for the PS3 due out in 2008?

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS