By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Who's getting Wet?

Wet was announced ages ago and had a bit of hype, which has died since. It hardly got mentioned by anyone at E3. Anyway here is the E3 09 trailer:

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-09-wet/50275 

It's being published by Bethesda Studios so it has a good chance of being a great game. It is coming this September to NA and Europe. Here are some special features (from play.com):

Special Features  

• Three Types of Gameplay: Seamlessly combines three types of gameplay: 360 degree slip-aiming mechanics, sword fighting and acrobatic abilities.
  • Acclaimed Writer Duppy Demitrius: Written by Demitrius who is best known for his work on the action-packed TV series 24.
  • Ultimate Interactive Action Experience: Over-the-top acrobatics with constant action that features aerial sword attacks, fantastic sword skills and high body count.
  • Cinematographic Style: Unique retro film visual treatment with stylised over-the-top characters, an original 70's inspired soundtrack and locations that span three continents.
  • New Iconic Character: Rubi combines attitude, style and killer instinct!

It looks pretty interesting and is written by the who has written for 24. I will keep my eye on this game. Anyone else interested in it?

Around the Network

I'm thinking about it. It definitely looks like the kind of game that would appeal to me...Smooth action and a main character with personality. We'll see how soon I buy it though, I haven't bought a game at full price in quite some time.

It's being made by A2M and it was featured as one of the two covers and cover stories for the latest issue of Play Magazine USA. The other cover story was Chair / Epic's Shadow Complex.

Any game with a hot new heroine goes on my possible buy list and Wet is no different.

What an amazing thread title.

Carl2291 said:

lol.....I was so ready to lock it. 

@OP:  Well, you know how hot and botherred you get me Tombi :P

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Carl2291 said:

lol.....I was so ready to lock it. 

@OP:  Well, you know how hot and botherred you get me Tombi :P

So you are getting Wet? If there is online, we could play together.

The gameplay footage i saw before was rather plain with all this sliding in slow motion. Too much of it. It looked not that fun or for a short time.

In the wilderness we go alone with our new knowledge and strength.

It looked amazing when it was first announced... and it still does IMO... to bad that the hyep died off :(

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

idk....the trailer looked...

The narrator sounds like the narrator for the machete commercial in the planet terror movie. I think i may buy this game ill have to see some more gameplay footage first.