By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who is Sony's Mascot in Your Opinion

how the fuck could solid snake be sony's mascot? that's konami.

sony and microsoft don't have mascots. it's plain facts and evidence

Around the Network

Sackboy and Solid Snake put together. Think about it.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Crash Bandicoot (during the PS1 era)

Ratchet and Clank or Kratos (PS2 era)

PS3 - ???

With the PS3 they are trying with sackboy (failure in my opinion, unless they make a sequel. But then again, what'd happen to all the community generated content), Nathan Hale (Not unique enough) and Nathan Drake. Drake's probably the closest of the lot, given that he's carved his name into 1 great PS3 game and another that's looking to be an amazing game. Also, despite his really cliche'd personality, it's quite unique to video games (particularly console exclusives).

So in the same way that Masterchief, Marcus Fenix and Mario (altough Mario created the idea of this mascot type), they are all character types, but you won't find a masterchief or Mario like character that succeeds as well on another console.

So I think if Sony keeps pushing Uncharted, Drake can be the sony mascot. The only downside is, he'll be slaughtered in Mascot face-off's by a plumber that eats mushrooms to grow bigger and shoots fireballs among other things, out of his hands and a 7 ft space marine with regenerating health, super strength and a super leap.

I think the PS3 fanbase is so diverse that there would to many mascots to choose from. Crash Bandicoot is the one I always think of, but more from the PS1 era.

That's why I think Sackboy is the best choice because he reflects the PS3's diverse fanbase by being able to dress up as either Kratos, a Helgan or Solid Snake :D

from ps3 definatly sackboy cos you can dress him up to represent other charecters

"They will know heghan belongs to the helghast"

"England expects that everyman will do his duty"

"we shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender"

Around the Network

Its not Solid Snake.  Thats Kanomi's Franchised and therefore can be thier mascot.  I think Sony's PS3 and its wonderful multiple abilties to be its mascot.  Its just hard to advertise/covince you that Sony will supply an all in one set box top ~whispers~ and portable,  Entertainment plus more than gaming system.  The PS3 system is its own mascot. 

These days, it's Sackboy.

Sony has never had a permanent mascot. We'll see how it goes with the knitted little guy.

Sackboy

Pachter.

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

I'll have to say Ratchet and Clank personally. Cute, lovable, bad ass and well ingrained within' playstation and sony history.

Why must JRPG female leads suck so bad?