By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Who is Sony's Mascot in Your Opinion

Whats the name of the fat American guy who keeps shooting his mouth of about how great the PS3 is doing. He is high up in the PS3 hierarchy.

Him.

Id give him his own platformer anyday. Probably wouldnt be able to jump very high tho.

Around the Network

I reckon Sony's mascot are two words "New IP"

Apart from that I guess it's now Sackboy with a knuckle buster with the words new IP in reverse, that way when he punches people he tags them and then says "new IP bitch" as he walks away from mario.

I think ratchet and clank are a big mascot and if there was some kind of person in GT that should be the mascot

Currently playing: MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous

Getting Plat trophies for: Heavy Rain, Infamous, RE5,  Burnout and GOW collection once I get it.

The fact that you have to ask shows that Sony doesn't have a mascot. Sony doesn't have a character that a large number of people automatically associate with Playstation.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

NJ5 said:
The fact that you have to ask shows that Sony doesn't have a mascot. Sony doesn't have a character that a large number of people automatically associate with Playstation.

and they don't need to have one. If the past two generations are anything to go buy then mascot are not  as big as they used to very simple.

Around the Network
stewroids said:

Sony has some great characters that represent the console itself, such as Solid Snake, Ratchet, Jak, Nathan Drake, Nathan Hale, the Helghast army, Sack Boy and so on...who in your opinion is Sony's main mascot for the current generation of consoles and who do you think will eventually become Sony's main mascot in the future...also, which character do you think represents all 3 generations of Sony consoles (PS1, 2 and 3).

I personally think that for this generation the mascot is Old Snake, but this will most likely change since Snake will probably not feature in any more MGS games and even if he does, the game will probably not be exclusive to Sony's console. I think Nathan Drake will end up being Sony's defining figure, especially since Uncharted 1 and 2 are such amazing games and the guy is pretty badass! The character that undoubtetly defines all the generations of the Sony consoles though is Solid Snake...MGS1 is what made the PS1 so popular and that was continued with MGS2 and 3 on the PS2...and we all know how big of a masterpiece MGS4 was, so yeah...what do you guys think?

Snake??

He's appeared on the gameboy, gamecube and the Wii (and maybe some other consoles too). He is not Sony's mascot.

They dont have one. Whether or not its a good thing or not is debatable. However they have no game that has a huge proportion of sales in regards to consoles over several generations.

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

TheThunder said:
NJ5 said:

and they don't need to have one. If the past two generations are anything to go buy then mascot are not  as big as they used to very simple.

Eh I would not say past two. PSone Crash was indeed the  mascot. PS2 I would say they did not have one. PS3 does not seem to have one ethier. They have plenty of good games and 3rd party games, so really what does a Mascot even matter. (That goes for all consoles)

Kaz Hirai is definately a good mascot, especially when he talks

Oh and Giant Enemy Crab as well

Problem with Sony is that they have failed to create a really succesful IP this generation, or secure big 3rd party exclusive that would appeal to the masses (the closest to that is MGS4 but Snake aint a MASCOT)

solid snake