By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is Wii's Bubble Bursting? --First Japan, now UK

I just believe that if Wii > x360 and ps3.... well, there's nothing to worry about for nintendo. Yes, the wii is down... so is the ps3 and the x360 (WW) which is what matters.

Around the Network

So how many Wiis are Nintendo producing now per month? Won't slower sales now just mean they will have enough supply during the crazy holiday season?

yeah for some reason i actually thought EU Wii numbers were a bit high, but never would've imagine the wii and 360 shift places though. i think a price cut is immenent, and i think nintendo should've had stronger 1st party support (DS support was much much bigger)

oh my god. Somebody tell him about Chicken Little.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

RolStoppable said:
NiKKoM said:
Is this this weeks "Wii is doomed" thread? or did I missed another one?

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=78379

On topic: So any new info from ioi? In another thread he said that those UK numbers are wrong, but without giving any explanation.

TBH......it was probably a quick reaction

I mean ALL OF US thought it was FAKE at first

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

This stupid argument that a console isnt bringing in new people is pathetic and getting old.

Every single video game console is bringing in new people, you cant just say its last generation people migrating to the next generation there is no proof of that.

Look at the last generation PS2 selling millions of consoles every year, look at the DS by far the best selling gaming handheld, and the PSP is looking like its going to outsell the GBA.

The market is expanding, you cant say it isnt, and Wii sales are still very strong, an so are 360/PS3 sales. The ps3 just needs a price cut, because devs and alot of people really see it pulling in ps2 owners that havent made the jump yet.

mM
hunter_alien said:
Its slowing downd but its also far from bursting. A pricecut , new games/colors are more then welcomed at tyhis point, if not 08 could have been its peek year.

But lets not overreact this :P Its still selling crazy ammounts :P

great post, yes it's down, but it had to seeing how well it used to sell. Now it's selling like the Ps2 used to, which is excellent.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

@leo-j

I don't know if PS360 are bringing in "new" people

they are just getting more of the PS2 owners who like traditional games, while wii is really bringing actual new people in

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

psrock said:
hunter_alien said:
Its slowing downd but its also far from bursting. A pricecut , new games/colors are more then welcomed at tyhis point, if not 08 could have been its peek year.

But lets not overreact this :P Its still selling crazy ammounts :P

great post, yes it's down, but it had to seeing how well it used to sell. Now it's selling like the Ps2 used to, which is excellent.

Everyone should read this

@darth - not waffling at all. Try responding to my point properly instead of circumventing it. YoY data has the Wii at an increase of 2.3 mil vs 360 at 1.7 mil units. So in the past year, the charts say that the Wii has outsold the 360 by 600k units.