By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Is Wii's Bubble Bursting? --First Japan, now UK

kowenicki said:
where did darth say it was doomed....? grow up people.. its a perfectly reasonable thread about quite a big story.

Not every slightly negative thread is a "x" console izz dooomd thread.

jesus, the internet sometimes.

I know i know... this internet

Around the Network

Does anybody know when this gets declared a pandemic?

W.L.B.B. Member, Portsmouth Branch.

(Welsh(Folk) Living Beyond Borders)

Winner of the 2010 VGC Holiday sales prediction thread with an Average 1.6% accuracy rating. I am indeed awesome.

Kinect as seen by PS3 owners ...if you can pick at it   ...post it ... Did I mention the 360 was black and Shinny? Keeping Sigs obscure since 2007, Passed by the Sig police 5July10.

Wii will be just fine. Just because it's not outselling the others by 2:1 doesn't mean it's failing.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

NiKKoM said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Where have I mentioned WW in my OP

nowhere

I said Japan (where wii does not hold at 20K a week, it wasn't at 20K for many weeks in fact), then UK.....

Feb to Jun YOY......means YOY change in that time period of feb - jun

in UK wii is down 69% YOY

Yeah play that down as much as you want, but its quite BIG

But darth.. don't you remember which games came out back then last year?

GTA4, DMC4 for 360 --- its UP massively

GTA4, MGS4, DMC4 for PS3 -- Its STEADY at the same price point it was last year in now a recession

SSBB, MK:Wii for Wii -- its down 600K

_________

See those games came out last year

If PS3 didn't drop, why should Wii drop? I mean I don't think infamous/kz2 kept Ps3 above last year.....RE5 helped though

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

NiKKoM said:
darthdevidem01 said:

Where have I mentioned WW in my OP

nowhere

I said Japan (where wii does not hold at 20K a week, it wasn't at 20K for many weeks in fact), then UK.....

Feb to Jun YOY......means YOY change in that time period of feb - jun

in UK wii is down 69% YOY

Yeah play that down as much as you want, but its quite BIG

But darth.. don't you remember which games came out back then last year?

stop using this excuse, the wii used to sell depending on how much Nintendo shipped. Now demand is fading, bad economy , the wii needs games for the first time.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
Around the Network

DOOOM! DOOOM! DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

THIS IS THE END! THE END! NINTENDO WILL PULL A SEGA WITHIN THE WEEK!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

@psrock

I dunno why he used that excuse when the PS3 which is STEADY YOY had MGS4, GTA4 & DMC4 last year in that timeframe

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

IS it burst or is it saturated?

Those numbers definitely are alarming but Nintendo does have a pretty good lead there. I think at this point, they need a price cut or new colors to increase sales.

I think the Wii was overpriced when it came out, but it sold and kept selling, so Nintendo didn't see any reason to lower the price.  Maybe they're finally at the point where they need to lower the price.  The question is, how low will they go?  In the US, the Xbox 360 Arcade goes for $200, so if the Wii goes down to $200, will it be enough?  And what if the Xbox 360 gets another price drop? 

So.... people actually know the wii is in this situation b/c it needs games.... and games are coming so.... people, you do the math