By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Super mario bros 3 vs Super mario world

supermario128 said:
Super Mario World will always be better, to me. It was my first game ever.

I can understand that, my first game was the mario/duckhunt cart.... i still hate that dog... and he might be the reason i dont own one today 

come play minecraft @  mcg.hansrotech.com

minecraft name: hansrotec

XBL name: Goddog

Around the Network

SMB3- 33

SMW- 27

Super Mario 3 all the way!

SMB3 - 33

SMW - 28

It's a really tough call, both were really fun and groundbreaking games, but SMW edges out barely.. SMB3 was definetly the harder game, and had sweeter powerups and atmosphere, but SMW was just a little more fun, more well made game. Plus it had Yoshi :)

supermario128 said:
Super Mario World will always be better, to me. It was my first game ever.

first game here too! ...but I still voted for SMB3!

^click the license to level it up! Please, and thanks in advance!

=D

SMB3 - 33

SMW - 29

World is way better than 3. 3 is still great though.

Around the Network

so i VC'd SMB3 and realised that SMW got alot of ideas from this game. It is enough to atleast make me partially consider changing my vote. But i won't, Yoshi FTW.

“When we make some new announcement and if there is no positive initial reaction from the market, I try to think of it as a good sign because that can be interpreted as people reacting to something groundbreaking. ...if the employees were always minding themselves to do whatever the market is requiring at any moment, and if they were always focusing on something we can sell right now for the short term, it would be very limiting. We are trying to think outside the box.” - Satoru Iwata - This is why corporate multinationals will never truly understand, or risk doing, what Nintendo does.

SMB 3 -- 33
SMW -- 30

I prefer Super Mario World because of the amazing graphics much better than SMB3's washed out NES graphics, Yoshi, all of the improvements in level design including the ghost houses, the switch palaces, and the star road.

Super Mario World might not be a popular choice but after never really managing to like the NES that much, Super Mario World like quite a few SNES games gave me a different and better appreciation of Nintendo than their NES games did.

Super Mario Bros 3 - 34
Super Mario World - 30

SMB3 was my first game ever, and it's still my favorite of the Mario series.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

Ooooh, that really is a tough one. They are both excellent masterpieces; they both had the Koopalings and an epic Bowser final fight; of course, they both had epic gameplay and replay value.
But I'm going to have to go with SMW, just because I did enjoy it more.

Super Mario Bros 3 - 34
Super Mario World - 31

Super mario Bros. 3 - 35
Super Mario World - 31

Tag (Courtesy of Fkusumot) "If I'm posting in this thread then it's probally a spam thread."