By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie: Wii won't meet holiday demand

routsounmanman said:
^^ why not buy now?

I'm about to now. I really want a Wii and its final. I'M GETTING A WII. IN THE MIDDLE OF THIS MONTH.

Around the Network

Been telling people for months now. You want a Wii for Christmas, get it now. Come November, GOOD LUCK FINDING ONE.

BenKenobi88 said:
You should not have a problem finding a Wii...besides, what does this matter for your decision? I highly suggest you go for the Wii...and I mean, if you really can't find a Wii for a month or something, you could always just get a DS for now.

But I see Wiis every Sunday...that's the common shipment date.

Okay good to know. I never knew that it was common shipment date for Wii's to arrive at stores. But I will check in the coming weeks while my money is being saved towards it. I'm saving $100 from my check now and the next check its the $150 and there is the Wii!!

w29...if you really want one all you need to do is pay attention to your local retailers...while the wii is continually selling out that doesn't mean that there are 40 people lining up at every store when a shipment arrives...

To my understanding most wii shipments are lasting 24-48 hours so if you find out when a store is getting a shipment and go there that morning or day you should have no problem.

What Reggie is saying is that your average consumer will have difficulty purchasing the Wii if they just walk in off the street.

I know this sounds like a lot of work, but I think its worth it. There are too many games to miss out on this holiday and I want to hear what you think about the wii after playing it for a month.

rendo said:
Been telling people for months now. You want a Wii for Christmas, get it now. Come November, GOOD LUCK FINDING ONE.

I will find one, if not. Well DS will be bought instead of the Wii. The shortage of the Wii is starting to feel like having a RRoD on a 360.

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:
w29...if you really want one all you need to do is pay attention to your local retailers...while the wii is continually selling out that doesn't mean that there are 40 people lining up at every store when a shipment arrives...

To my understanding most wii shipments are lasting 24-48 hours so if you find out when a store is getting a shipment and go there that morning or day you should have no problem.

What Reggie is saying is that your average consumer will have difficulty purchasing the Wii if they just walk in off the street.

I know this sounds like a lot of work, but I think its worth it. There are too many games to miss out on this holiday and I want to hear what you think about the wii after playing it for a month.

Yeah..I understand super_etecoon. I will look at my local stores and make phone calls tomorrow and find out if some are in stock. I will get a Wii!!! Its my desire this month, if not the Wii then the DS.

After launch, I have only seen a Wii once on a store shelf. My gamespot here in Akron Ohio had 1 left. It was on my b-day on June 16th. Thank god I got mine at launch.

So guys, when do you think Nintendo will reach demand for the Wii? I think maybe February or March.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say June, since this holiday will produce more "evangelist" as Sony PR is known for saying. Last year everyone was talking about the PS3 for the holiday...this year it will be the Wii.

MontanaHatchet said:
Ok, if it has almost the same architecture as the Gamecube, why is it so hard to make enough?

There, I said it.

How many systems per month did the Gamecube sell? Do you think that it is particularly easy to handle the logistics of producing several million pieces of complicated hardware in a given month? Nintendo is not Sony, they don't have factories lying; Nintendo isn't Microsoft and don't have unlimited money to aquire manufacturing capabilities.

It also makes you wonder when the price is gonna drop on the Wii. If the demand goes down, all Nintendo will have to do is drop the price to $200. Then it will once again sell like crazy. But if it does drop down in price to $200, how long will sales once again go up? and when will the price drop? My guess is June.