By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Reggie: Wii won't meet holiday demand

Nintendo should reach a critical mass point this holiday season...

01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01001001 01111001 01101111 01101100 01100001 01101000 00100001 00100000 01000110 01101111 01110010 00100000 01000101 01110100 01100101 01110010 01101110 01101001 01110100 01111001 00100001 00100000

Around the Network

Well, for Reggie Europe does not exists, it seems. WW is not true, the Wii is not sold out in Europe at the moment. It is available. Who says we European get screwed all the time? :o)

"As yet unbeaten in the console sales charts since it debuted in the US last November, Nintendo's Wii has consistently outsold its competitors by healthy margins."

Then I guess the US is the only region being sold out ey, except on Ebay, since Europe and Japan no longer is for a long time. So to me it sounds nothing more but a sales talk as well.

PLAYSTATION®3 is the future.....NOW.......B_E_L_I_E_V_E

Supporter of PlayStation and Nintendo

johnlucas said:
routsounmanman said:
^^ Wii Hardware 90k+ Yeah, definitely down across the board. It's just toned down in Japan folks, but so is DS! Wii isn't going anywhere!

Routsounmanman, I am LOVING your Derek Stiles Trauma Center avatar! That game is HOT! Makes me almost wanna become a doctor!*

*Comment may be influenced by hyperbole

John Lucas

cool, isn't he? Just finished the game and now playing the devilish X operations; pray for me ppl!

We all know what the big N is doing. They "can't" reach demand after being out for I don't know a whole year! You can see that 360 can keep up with demand. ( I wont Say PS# cuz no 1 is buying that) but yeah, they can keep up with demand. They just think that if they don't have a lot of consoles out, they will sell more. I mean, in Japan, the sales have fallen for them (and all other consoles, except PSP) for the past couple of weeks. How can you not meet demand when you are selling less and less each week? It's a lie so we can all go out and buy their system because it's such a hot commodity. Good lie Fils-Aime! Way to go.

Around the Network

The fact is, the system is still sold out in many parts of North America, and demand will go nowhere but up for Christmas. Reggie's exagerrating the current situation, but I think he's absolutely right about the holidays.

I'll John Lucas it here: next year Wii will be sold out until summer in North America and Japan.

I have a strong feeling that the Wii will be the "tickle me elmo" of Christmas 2007. There will be a few good, well-known first party titles out and the Wii is by no means "unknown" to the masses. The current lull in Wii sales is probably the calm before the storm that will follow Halloween... We'll see I guess but I suspect we'll see a lot of ebay action going on...

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

DMeisterJ said:
We all know what the big N is doing. They "can't" reach demand after being out for I don't know a whole year! You can see that 360 can keep up with demand. ( I wont Say PS# cuz no 1 is buying that) but yeah, they can keep up with demand. They just think that if they don't have a lot of consoles out, they will sell more. I mean, in Japan, the sales have fallen for them (and all other consoles, except PSP) for the past couple of weeks. How can you not meet demand when you are selling less and less each week? It's a lie so we can all go out and buy their system because it's such a hot commodity. Good lie Fils-Aime! Way to go.

hmmm...what is wrong with this comment?

I know there is something wrong here but I just can't quite put my finger on it...

Oh yes....Nintendo has sold more than the 360 has in half the time....yeah....that's one thing....what was the other...

Oh yes...perhaps Microsoft should have slowed down production to get the process down a bit better.  All these defective consoles suggest that they're producing them faster than they should without proper testing/reliability standards. 

I'm not suggesting that Nintendo isn't manipulating the demand for sales purposes (Sony PR anyone), I'm just saying that if you are going to make a comparisson or anology you need to make sure there is a correlation between the two ideas.  360 or PS3 is not your analog...maybe the PS2 or the DS.

So I guess this finally puts to rest the idea that Nintendo was stockpiling, right? Because, ya know, we sometimes have to wait for the obvious to happen before we'll accept it around here.

cdude1034 said:

<-- Stocking up massively. Thank you, job at Gamestop.

Wii + Craigslist/eBay = $$$$$$$$$ 

And now part of the reason is discovered for the massive sellout. Jerks looking to make a quick buck.