By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit gets 6.5'd on Gamespot

SaviorX said:

IGN gave Transformers a 4.2........see if you feel the same way about The Conduit as IGN did Transformers:

Closing Comments
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen has close to zero redeeming qualities. I only say "close to" in case I actually forgot something, though at the moment, I can't think of any. Well, I guess the almost complete lack of Shia Labeouf is one thing.

IGN Ratings for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Wii)
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
4.0 Presentation
The story doesn't really follow the movie (for better or worse), the dialog is bad and the video screen doesn't give you any clue as to what you're about to watch.
5.0 Graphics
While it doesn't look terrible, per se, it's not impressive in any fashion whatsoever. There's not one thing that you would say looks good.
5.5 Sound
What little music there is isn't bad, but the dialog is pretty poor and the sound effects are very bland.
4.0 Gameplay
The controls are wonky, the action is repetitive and it's just very boring.
3.0 Lasting Appeal
The game is over in about 4 hours, maybe less, and there's not really much to come back for.
Poor

OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Gamespot did not review the Wii version of Transformers, they gave a 7.5 to the HD version.  In contrast IGN gave the HD version a 6.0 so the difference is not as large as you make it out to be.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
SaviorX said:

IGN gave Transformers a 4.2........see if you feel the same way about The Conduit as IGN did Transformers:

Closing Comments
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen has close to zero redeeming qualities. I only say "close to" in case I actually forgot something, though at the moment, I can't think of any. Well, I guess the almost complete lack of Shia Labeouf is one thing.

IGN Ratings for Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (Wii)
Rating Description
out of 10 click here for ratings guide
4.0 Presentation
The story doesn't really follow the movie (for better or worse), the dialog is bad and the video screen doesn't give you any clue as to what you're about to watch.
5.0 Graphics
While it doesn't look terrible, per se, it's not impressive in any fashion whatsoever. There's not one thing that you would say looks good.
5.5 Sound
What little music there is isn't bad, but the dialog is pretty poor and the sound effects are very bland.
4.0 Gameplay
The controls are wonky, the action is repetitive and it's just very boring.
3.0 Lasting Appeal
The game is over in about 4 hours, maybe less, and there's not really much to come back for.
Poor

OVERALL
(out of 10 / not an average)

Gamespot did not review the Wii version of Transformers, they gave a 7.5 to the HD version.  In contrast IGN gave the HD version a 6.0 so the difference is not as large as you make it out to be.

Oh really?.........Now that makes me look like an idiot. Why did people bring up the HD version of Transformers then? I thought it was the Wii version TC was being compared to score-wise.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

No worries, it is confusing yer right. I'm not sure why Transformers came up. I think it was brought up as a "Gamespot hates the Wii" kind of argument. Or just that Transformers on the HD doesn't deserve a higher score than Conduit. I haven't played either so I can't really say one way or another.

Torillian said:
No worries, it is confusing yer right. I'm not sure why Transformers came up. I think it was brought up as a "Gamespot hates the Wii" kind of argument. Or just that Transformers on the HD doesn't deserve a higher score than Conduit. I haven't played either so I can't really say one way or another.

Yea neither have I. I wanted to get TC 1st day, but I had $0. Besides, I'm getting reliable internet installed within the week, so when I eventually get it, I can at least play online.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

....well at least it wasnt as bad as the gamepro review.

Around the Network
Mint said:
At the end of the video review, he states "The Conduits is simply not worth playing"
That's a strong statement.

It's worth playing until you go through that conduit 3/4 of the way through the game and you get your ass kicked in that fucking laboratory. I have no idea how to get past that.

good score, reviewers aren't giving it a free pass just because its on the wii.

Wow, as a PS3 owner who has Killzone 2, I say the graphics for the Conduit are fucking AWESOME. From the blurry screenshots in the BLACK vs Conduit thread, I was agreeing in my mind that Conduit's graphics seemed last gen, but considering it's on the Wii, I think that the game is an absolute eye candy, and it's understandable why there's frame rate issues (according to IGN).

I don't know if I should buy this for my mom's Wii >.
I wonder if Nintendo can get Duke Nukem Forever on the Wii now.

Akvod said:
Wow, as a PS3 owner who has Killzone 2, I say the graphics for the Conduit are fucking AWESOME. From the blurry screenshots in the BLACK vs Conduit thread, I was agreeing in my mind that Conduit's graphics seemed last gen, but considering it's on the Wii, I think that the game is an absolute eye candy, and it's understandable why there's frame rate issues (according to IGN).

Strangely, I think it actually looks worse in motion than in screenshots, which is a curious turnabout from most Wii titles. But then I seem to be more down on the game than most of the folks on this site.

That said, the controls are rock solid, and multiplayer's pretty enjoyable. I don't regret buying it, even if it's only an "a'ight" game.

I did say Gamespot wouldn't like it... well not nearly as much as acclaimed shooters. I bet on 6.0, but 6.5 is close enough.

How technical is your game?