By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit gets 6.5'd on Gamespot

noname2200 said:
Akvod said:
Wow, as a PS3 owner who has Killzone 2, I say the graphics for the Conduit are fucking AWESOME. From the blurry screenshots in the BLACK vs Conduit thread, I was agreeing in my mind that Conduit's graphics seemed last gen, but considering it's on the Wii, I think that the game is an absolute eye candy, and it's understandable why there's frame rate issues (according to IGN).

Strangely, I think it actually looks worse in motion than in screenshots, which is a curious turnabout from most Wii titles. But then I seem to be more down on the game than most of the folks on this site.

That said, the controls are rock solid, and multiplayer's pretty enjoyable. I don't regret buying it, even if it's only an "a'ight" game.

I don't know if my memory sucks or my judgement was bad (I mean both literally), but I remember thinking that the graphics were awesome in this video:

Around the Network
Akvod said:

I don't know if my memory sucks or my judgement was bad (I mean both literally), but I remember thinking that the graphics were awesome in this video:

Again, I seem to be more down on the game than most. Maybe it's the death animations that are souring me to the graphics? They seem stiff and unresponsive to me. And I should mention that photorealism's not my preferred graphic style in the first place. The fact that I just finished another session of Fallout 3 probably doesn't help.

Anyhow, I'm drifting off-topic. Like I said, fun game, nothing earth-shattering about it though. Even the controls are just slightly better than in MoH:H2, although the extra customization of everything gives The Conduit extra bonus points there.

SaviorX said:
amp316 said:
Two of the complaints that I read in the review concerning the gameplay involve cheap deaths caused by enemies actually attacking you from behind and invisible bombs that you have to disarm. I agree. This game is way too hard. Give me all of my enemies directly in front of me without having to find where they are coming from.

Also, this shooter is generic because it is on the Wii. All of the other available shooters that involve aliens, zombies, and nazis are not generic because I said so. I don't have to make any other statements concerning this.

I hope you were being sarcastic when you said it was too hard.

Let me clarify.  I was sarcastic in this entire post. 

Am I too subtle? 

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

noname2200 said:
Akvod said:

Again, I seem to be more down on the game than most. Maybe it's the death animations that are souring me to the graphics? They seem stiff and unresponsive to me. And I should mention that photorealism's not my preferred graphic style in the first place. The fact that I just finished another session of Fallout 3 probably doesn't help.

Anyhow, I'm drifting off-topic. Like I said, fun game, nothing earth-shattering about it though. Even the controls are just slightly better than in MoH:H2, although the extra customization of everything gives The Conduit extra bonus points there.

dont' want to see their death animations? just vaporize them with the striker rifle! pewpew!

This game is a 100% perfect game for being a Classic FPS. If you don't like Classic FPS design then this game isn't for you.

I personally don't like the game, but I still give it a perfect personal score because it does what it is suppose to do with perfect execution. I'm no going to knock scores because it's not 3rd person shooter or I though the models were low quality. That's all irrelevant since it is a no factor in the games design. The game conveys the run and gun classic game play with no flaws. I'm not going to knock a score for being generic. It's suppose to be. How can I fault game design just because it's not what I wan't to play. Games aren't always about what I want to play at all that's why I don't play Imagine Horsez.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
amp316 said:
SaviorX said:
amp316 said:
Two of the complaints that I read in the review concerning the gameplay involve cheap deaths caused by enemies actually attacking you from behind and invisible bombs that you have to disarm. I agree. This game is way too hard. Give me all of my enemies directly in front of me without having to find where they are coming from.

Also, this shooter is generic because it is on the Wii. All of the other available shooters that involve aliens, zombies, and nazis are not generic because I said so. I don't have to make any other statements concerning this.

I hope you were being sarcastic when you said it was too hard.

Let me clarify.  I was sarcastic in this entire post. 

Am I too subtle? 

Yes, you are. I for one thought you were dead serious.

You learn something new every day.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

dahuman said:

dont' want to see their death animations? just vaporize them with the striker rifle! pewpew!

Once I learned about the charge feature, I started doing just that.

I have the game and I'd give it a 5 or 6 atm. Killzone was over all a better game experience.

The worst part is that I can't send it back. Online is like Quake which I cant stand with wiimote.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

i thought reviewers word was law :p

It's very generic shooter, so I'm not suprised about the 6.5, Though it should have gotten better reviews just for being on the wii which just doesn't have games like this. I'm still expecting conduit to sell poorly just because shooters main market is on the 360, PC and ps3. I doubt most of people who bought wii bought it for playing shooters.