By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit gets 6.5'd on Gamespot

Shadowblind said:
--OkeyDokey-- said:
trestres said:
That Tom McShea guy has always brought down the Wii games, same with that VanOrd guy.

Kevin VanOrd? The guy that gave No More Heroes a 9.0?

That's it.

The Conduit is average. It's been painfully obvious right from the beginning. Not everyone is going to give it special treatment just because it's a Wii game. The Conduit is a first person shooter. This is 2009. There are high standards.

Yes...I got this game today. It feels very similar to Perfect Dark, but with highly upgraded graphics. Unfortunately, Perfect Dark is a rather old game. Repetition is the name of the game in the Conduit, so far...

So what if Perfect Dark is old.  It is still the best FPS I have ever played.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
@ greenmedic88 )

since when is 7.5 "slightly above average" ? 7.5 is "good" in my book, while "slightly above average" is 5.5-6 to me

Gamespot's average review is a 67.25.

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

BladeOfGod said:

good review. Conduit is generic shooter who wanted to turn out like good HD hardcore shooter like Killzone 2 or Gears 2 but it didnt

I'm pretty sure they never aimed for KZ2 or Gears in general, budget and time difference was quiet large in between them, Gears is not even a FPS. I'm pretty sure they weren't even really thinking about anything but Halo 1-2 for the most part, you'd know if you played the game.

BladeOfGod said:

good review. Conduit is generic shooter who wanted to turn out like good HD hardcore shooter like Killzone 2 or Gears 2 but it didnt

Yeah, it didn't turn out like KZ2, Conduit controls are much better and the gameplay is more fun. Oooh burn.

Although, I will admit I have and love K2, the online is a bit of a cluster.  I mean if someone puts a spawn in the wrong place or the other team traps you in your base you can expect to die ALOT.

The Conduit seems more balanced and actually I like that it plays like classic FPS's before they all had to have a gimmick to be worth it.  In most respects, the Conduit shouldn't even be mentioned in the same sentence as the giants like Killzone 2, Halo 3, and CoD4 but it  has it where it counts and that is fun.  Also, it seems pretty well balanced which is good...

Now Playing!

^ This is you!

Around the Network

gamespot is such a wast of time to even use as a viable source . I would not use it at all and even listen to what they say. They seem so bias towards all the Nintendo/3rd party wii games they do not even fairly rate them. So fuck them all!

maybe is because i played too much codwawii but i do not like the conduit's multiplayer at all.

Everybody takes forever to be killed due to having a lot of stamina. That is annoying when we are in a "duel" taking and giving damage, then enters some random guy who kills our adversary (and us too) winning the point. On codwawii that happens much less times cause our life is shorter.

Other thing that i hate are the cenarios, they are too indoors for me and as little freedom to explore with all the corridors.

Not letting you choose the weapons you like is just wrong... who emailed them this idea? I want to have a conversation with him/her.

^

Shoot for the head...  They die pretty quick that way...

Now Playing!

^ This is you!

actually that is logic. All characters have body protections but not in the face...

bardicverse said:
BladeOfGod said:

Yeah, it didn't turn out like KZ2, Conduit controls are much better and the gameplay is more fun. Oooh burn.

yeah, KZ2 scored 91 on metacritic and its AAA title, while Conduit sits at 76 on metacritic so its not like KZ2 :)