By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit gets 6.5'd on Gamespot

I don't know if slang is the best representation of culture. I went to 4 of the 5 boroughs in NYC (sorry, I'm never going to Queens), and most people didn't use that term. Anecdotal evidence, I suppose. Usually, people let their burns stand by themselves.

From Urban Dictionary:

Burn:

"To be thoroughly humiliated or insulted to the point where you cannot return with a comeback."

So if it's also a synonym for "just kidding," than people in NYC must be out of the loop (no offense!).

And I think we're destined to do this forever.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
I don't know if slang is the best representation of culture. I went to 4 of the 5 boroughs in NYC (sorry, I'm never going to Queens), and most people didn't use that term. Anecdotal evidence, I suppose. Usually, people let their burns stand by themselves.

From Urban Dictionary:

Burn:

"To be thoroughly humiliated or insulted to the point where you cannot return with a comeback."

So if it's also a synonym for "just kidding," than people in NYC must be out of the loop (no offense!).

Ok, if you're going to be literal about it, no, not every SINGLE person uses the term, its a local thing tho, local slang. That said, slang is king in most parts of NYC.

Let me further explain, since you seem interested in understanding it. When you use "Ooh burn" after an insult, it's like saying "I just dissed you, but Im messin with ya" .. its not "just kidding" literally, but has the same effect, to remove the sting of the insult from the wording.

Wait, I thought only married couples bicker about BS like this. Are you proposing to me?

BTW, never work for Amtrak, you've a natural talent for derailment lol

bardicverse said:
MontanaHatchet said:

From Urban Dictionary:

Burn:

Ok, if you're going to be literal about it, no, not every SINGLE person uses the term, its a local thing tho, local slang. That said, slang is king in most parts of NYC.

Let me further explain, since you seem interested in understanding it. When you use "Ooh burn" after an insult, it's like saying "I just dissed you, but Im messin with ya" .. its not "just kidding" literally, but has the same effect, to remove the sting of the insult from the wording.

Wait, I thought only married couples bicker about BS like this. Are you proposing to me?

Fair enough. I'd love to propose to you, but I'm already in a relationship. And if we're talking about derailment, you're the one who decided to ignore my argument about your comment in favor of talking about slang usage. So...nice job.

bardicverse said:
BladeOfGod said:
bardicverse said:
BladeOfGod said:

good review. Conduit is generic shooter who wanted to turn out like good HD hardcore shooter like Killzone 2 or Gears 2 but it didnt

Yeah, it didn't turn out like KZ2, Conduit controls are much better and the gameplay is more fun. Oooh burn.

yeah, KZ2 scored 91 on metacritic and its AAA title, while Conduit sits at 76 on metacritic so its not like KZ2 :)

Metacritic and reviews don't do anything to fix poor controls.  :P

You can change controls in KZ2, you know, and you can also change the aim sensitivity.

Ouch
:(

^click the license to level it up! Please, and thanks in advance!

=D

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:

Fair enough. I'd love to propose to you, but I'm already in a relationship. And if we're talking about derailment, you're the one who decided to ignore my argument about your comment in favor of talking about slang usage. So...nice job.

There wasn't an argument. You stated your views on the controls regarding both games, and stated an obvious claim, about PC controls (of course which can be added that its also the top choice graphically too) The remainder were two questions for me. I answer questions first before going on to respond to statements.

bardicverse said:
MontanaHatchet said:

From Urban Dictionary:

Burn:

this is going off topic

worse review than Gamepro.... I've lost faith in the big sites.....

Hardware is only a means to enjoy great games!

BladeOfGod said:
bardicverse said:
BladeOfGod said:
bardicverse said:
BladeOfGod said:

good review. Conduit is generic shooter who wanted to turn out like good HD hardcore shooter like Killzone 2 or Gears 2 but it didnt

Yeah, it didn't turn out like KZ2, Conduit controls are much better and the gameplay is more fun. Oooh burn.

yeah, KZ2 scored 91 on metacritic and its AAA title, while Conduit sits at 76 on metacritic so its not like KZ2 :)

Metacritic and reviews don't do anything to fix poor controls.  :P

You can change controls in KZ2, you know, and you can also change the aim sensitivity.

kz2 control isn't nearly as good and I'm pretty damn good at dual analog, it's just not as good and that's pretty much that, it's not an opinion either because you can't move like a mouse with dual analog but you can with a wiimote( difference is skill lvl with a wiimote, if you are good, you are god, just like a mouse,) there is a mountain of difference. feel free to check out my playthrough.

@ BladeOfGod. HVS was not trying to make The Conduit better or as good as Killzone 2 in the first place... absolutely no one expected it to be as good as acclaimed shooters for the PS3 or X360. I don't know who had these ridiculous expectations for the game but it certainly wasn't me or the developers.

No one should be surprised by the score. The reviewer was Gamespot after all. They put too much emphasis on the obvious "drawbacks" like 'generic art style and story' and 'monotonous levels' while slapping random bs here and there like saying the multiplayer lacked something special and constantly moaning about its linearity. But at least they didn't flat out lie like Gamepro.

How technical is your game?