By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit gets 6.5'd on Gamespot

BladeOfGod said:
bardicverse said:
BladeOfGod said:

good review. Conduit is generic shooter who wanted to turn out like good HD hardcore shooter like Killzone 2 or Gears 2 but it didnt

Yeah, it didn't turn out like KZ2, Conduit controls are much better and the gameplay is more fun. Oooh burn.

yeah, KZ2 scored 91 on metacritic and its AAA title, while Conduit sits at 76 on metacritic so its not like KZ2 :)

^

Did he say anything about the metacritic score?  What do reviews have to do with controls or gameplay?

The latest patch improved K2's controls for the better IMO, but dual analog is IMO inferior to IR controls in every way.  Also, gameplay is very subjective.  K2 is indeed fun as a modern shooter but people who are fans of classic gameplay like Goldeneye/Perfect Dark/Quake/Doom with IR controls can like the Conduit just as much despite its inferior presentation. 

Now Playing!

^ This is you!

Around the Network

Conduit will not go over 400K at the end of 2009. Anyone wants to bet?

I guess have better controls than any shooter on any current generation hardware (Wii, DS, PSP, iPone, Xbox 360, PS3) isn't enough to prevent the game from being just an average Wii game.

Since it is one of the better looking Wii games, I guess graphics aren't very important when rating FPS, either.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

No I think most who have played it would agree that it is an above average Wii game although not AAA... Its just that some critics are comparing it to Halo 3, Killzone 2, and CoD 4 instead of WaW Wii and MoH:H2 and deducting points for not measuring up, graphically, storywise (lol), in scope etc. Although, for the life of me, I can't figure out how some of them are complaining about the controls. I agree with Matt Casamassina, anyone who says the Wii isn't made for FPS, doesn't know what they are talking about.

If you want to read a good review of the game, the one on this site is spot on IMO.

Now Playing!

^ This is you!

BladeOfGod said:
bardicverse said:
BladeOfGod said:

good review. Conduit is generic shooter who wanted to turn out like good HD hardcore shooter like Killzone 2 or Gears 2 but it didnt

Yeah, it didn't turn out like KZ2, Conduit controls are much better and the gameplay is more fun. Oooh burn.

yeah, KZ2 scored 91 on metacritic and its AAA title, while Conduit sits at 76 on metacritic so its not like KZ2 :)

Metacritic and reviews don't do anything to fix poor controls.  :P

Around the Network
monlosez said:
Conduit will not go over 400K at the end of 2009. Anyone wants to bet?

you're already 1/4th on your way to being proved wrong. Early data has Conduit selling over 100k units thus far. Holidays are big pickup seasons for games. On the low side, I see Conduit doing 800k, and a LTD max of 1.5 mil

bardicverse said:
BladeOfGod said:
bardicverse said:
BladeOfGod said:

Controls are only one part of a game, even if they're a very important part. The Conduit, as evidenced by reviews, suffers in a lot of different areas. And what kind of person announces that they burned someone? Are you insecure or something? Fun is a matter of opinion, and I seriously doubt you're one to be unbiased there. As for the controls, I found that Killzone 2 had decent ones (at least from what I've played), but there's no question that The Conduit's controls are better. And yet, if controls were all that mattered, I'd just be playing shooters on the computer anyways (and so would everyone else).

MontanaHatchet said:
bardicverse said:
BladeOfGod said:
bardicverse said:
BladeOfGod said:

Controls are only one part of a game, even if they're a very important part. The Conduit, as evidenced by reviews, suffers in a lot of different areas. And what kind of person announces that they burned someone? Are you insecure or something? Fun is a matter of opinion, and I seriously doubt you're one to be unbiased there. As for the controls, I found that Killzone 2 had decent ones (at least from what I've played), but there's no question that The Conduit's controls are better. And yet, if controls were all that mattered, I'd just be playing shooters on the computer anyways (and so would everyone else).

Umm, its a NYC thing, Montana, our equivalent to saying "just kidding". Talk about insecurities....down boy.

bardicverse said:
MontanaHatchet said:
bardicverse said:
BladeOfGod said:
bardicverse said:
BladeOfGod said:

Umm, its a NYC thing, Montana, our equivalent to saying "just kidding". Talk about insecurities....down boy.

I've been to New York City, and no one follows a joke with "oooh, burn!" Did you make that up, or is everyone in the Big Apple misusing the term completely? I don't get how I'm insecure for that, and the "down boy" thing is just insulting. Although I suppose I should expect things like that from you.

MontanaHatchet said:
bardicverse said:

I've been to New York City, and no one follows a joke with "oooh, burn!" Did you make that up, or is everyone in the Big Apple misusing the term completely? I don't get how I'm insecure for that, and the "down boy" thing is just insulting. Although I suppose I should expect things like that from you.

Just because you have been to New York City doesn't mean you know the local culture. It's a very common term. I've been to Hawaii for 2 weeks at a length but I won't insult the locals by saying I know everything about their culture.

Throwing the "insecure" label for something you don't understand is a defense to cover up for jumping into something you weren't sure about in the first place, but felt that you had to get involved- again.

Down boy refers to your wolf/Okami avatar, it was a playful term. Quit being so defensive, Montana. I'm not out to "get you". I actually enjoyed the long silence since the last time we butted heads.