By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit gets 6.5'd on Gamespot

@ Lostplanet22 )

uhmm.. it doesn't seem to me you have played the Conduit, so could it be you are mixing up "level design" and "background graphics" ?
I mean, the sceneries in the Conduit (judging by videos and photos) look rather bland and forgettable (to me), but level design is: enemy placing/respawns, set pieces, pacing (challenges and resting phases), puzzles,...

things you can only really judge after playing it

@ topic )

I think (without trying the Conduit and hence not really knowing) the situation here might be similar to Star Wars: Force Unleashed - the game looked pretty good and the physics and all were pretty sweet (not perfect, but "fun"), but what really hindered the game was the totally outdated and predictable / uninspired level design

Around the Network
Shanobi said:
Sontikka said:
Good review :P

Maybe it is if you haven't played it, and have no real frame of referance, and also like to come into something you know little about and chime in with your two cents.

If so, then sure.

I've tried this.

Please register :)

Graves said:
routsounmanman said:
This is getting rediculous. I'm from now on, following no other review site other than IGN. It has nothing to do with the score, they respect the Wii and they enjoy writing for it. I can live without the "dust off your Wii, for a Wii game, waggle"

That's such crap, IGN gave it the best score so you'll follow them? In my opinion IGN is too generous with a lot of its scores.

A lot of people seem to just enjoy following the last review website to give a game they like a high score.  Statements along those lines are the adolescent equivalent of a child putting her fingers in her ears and shouting "la-la-la-la" to avoid hearing something she doesn't like.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Simulacrum said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Simulacrum said:
Another higly waited Wii game in very long time fails at the hands of reviews.
I think it does Madworlds.Metacritic about 70 ans sales about 200k.

MadWorld got good reviews and it's metacritic average was 81. Same as Assassin's Creed... :P

Yea..Well compare sales..But really Madworld was one of few games that people waited for Wii in long time...Rly what was before?Super Mario Galaxy?

After that, people waited for Conduit.

People will say that these were the "hardcore" titles for "hardcore fans of Wii".

Next one Mariooooooooos  or Tales of Wii or Cracia or what it was.

Yeah, the sales were kind of my point - The game did not fall at the hands of reviews. That was my whole point. Your statement was incorrect.

Also, you can't gauge things by internet hype. And even if you do, Brawl was after Super Mario Galaxy and was quite possibly the most hyped game of this gen so far.

Maybe off topic, but no game was more hyped than Halo

BMaker11 said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Simulacrum said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Simulacrum said:

MadWorld got good reviews and it's metacritic average was 81. Same as Assassin's Creed... :P

Yea..Well compare sales..But really Madworld was one of few games that people waited for Wii in long time...Rly what was before?Super Mario Galaxy?

People will say that these were the "hardcore" titles for "hardcore fans of Wii".

Yeah, the sales were kind of my point - The game did not fall at the hands of reviews. That was my whole point. Your statement was incorrect.

Also, you can't gauge things by internet hype. And even if you do, Brawl was after Super Mario Galaxy and was quite possibly the most hyped game of this gen so far.

Although you could argue it, I believe MGS4 is the most hyped game this gen prior to release.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Around the Network
Shadowblind said:
BMaker11 said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Simulacrum said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Simulacrum said:

Although you could argue it, I believe MGS4 is the most hyped game this gen prior to release.

I forgot about Halo 3. But MGS4 was not more hyped than Brawl. Atleast not on the internet.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Graves said:
routsounmanman said:
This is getting rediculous. I'm from now on, following no other review site other than IGN. It has nothing to do with the score, they respect the Wii and they enjoy writing for it. I can live without the "dust off your Wii, for a Wii game, waggle"

That's such crap, IGN gave it the best score so you'll follow them? In my opinion IGN is too generous with a lot of its scores.

A lot of people seem to just enjoy following the last review website to give a game they like a high score.  Statements along those lines are the adolescent equivalent of a child putting her fingers in her ears and shouting "la-la-la-la" to avoid hearing something she doesn't like.

Or one that gave the game they hated a low score...

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

Two of the complaints that I read in the review concerning the gameplay involve cheap deaths caused by enemies actually attacking you from behind and invisible bombs that you have to disarm. I agree. This game is way too hard. Give me all of my enemies directly in front of me without having to find where they are coming from.

Also, this shooter is generic because it is on the Wii. All of the other available shooters that involve aliens, zombies, and nazis are not generic because I said so. I don't have to make any other statements concerning this.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Shadowblind said:
BMaker11 said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Simulacrum said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Simulacrum said:

I forgot about Halo 3. But MGS4 was not more hyped than Brawl. Atleast not on the internet.

I forgot about the Brawl hype, but if it was bigger then MGS4 it must have been MASSIVE. Like, highest hyped game this gen, easy then.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

Words Of Wisdom said:
Graves said:
routsounmanman said:

Thank God I cleared up that I don't give a damn about the score. I may have been misunderstood.