By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The Conduit gets 6.5'd on Gamespot

This promise for the next games of High Voltage Software.

The only good that they did was their PR. 'We don't forget the Wii hardcore gamer so that is why we make a game for the console" (Read as: We would be destroyed if we made the game for the HD consoles'. Making Wii owners hyping this game up.

If this game sell bad we will see the media commenting (Ofcourse why make a hardcore game on the Wii). If it sells good (Yeah crap sells well).

Lucky as a gamer I am quite interested in their other projects but I will skip the conduit.

Around the Network

i've played it and it's the best FPS on Wii by far (except if you consider MP3 as an FPS)

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Another higly waited Wii game in very long time fails at the hands of reviews.
I think it does Madworlds.Metacritic about 70 ans sales about 200k.

Take my love, take my land..

Simulacrum said:

MadWorld got good reviews and it's metacritic average was 81. Same as Assassin's Creed... :P

dark_gh0st_b0y said:
they always do this for Wii games, gameplay/graphics which are the most important are great, and they give 6.5 for level design

i think level design great, not perfect like gameplay but still great

they say about hidden bombs and stuff, and that it's frustrating, i've played it and it's not frustrating
if this wasn't the case they would still find something else negative to say and they would still give 6.5

the review is ok, but the score is what most people see, it's like the summary, the main point, and since the score has nothing to do with what we read, the review sucks, except if he give 6.5 instead of 8.5 because of the level design, which level design is still good, not as bad as he says in my opinion, no other review said that bad things about level design!?

Well if you would compare it with a game like MP3 the level design is quite underwhelming especially when MP3 is more than 1,5 years old.

Around the Network

The Conduit's reviews are ALL over the map, from 87% to a 6.5, but low score reviews makes for better topics, lol. I think unfortunately that Gamepro review has put any bad review in the forefront. =/

If people are being realistic the one thing that you can take out of EVERY review so far is that the potential for something great is there. It's the one thing that even knockin' it for doing what MOST FPS's do can't ignore. The Wii interface CAN provide something different for the genre...

The Interweb is about overreaction, this is what makes it great!

...Imagine how boring the interweb would be if everyone thought logically?

Also, it's NOT the reviews that people will REALLY be looking at, IT'S THE SALES. If word of mouth keeps up like it has it MAY end up being a winner afterall.

Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Simulacrum said:

MadWorld got good reviews and it's metacritic average was 81. Same as Assassin's Creed... :P

Yea..Well compare sales..But really Madworld was one of few games that people waited for Wii in long time...Rly what was before?Super Mario Galaxy?

After that, people waited for Conduit.

People will say that these were the "hardcore" titles for "hardcore fans of Wii".

Next one Mariooooooooos  or Tales of Wii or Cracia or what it was.

Take my love, take my land..

Simulacrum said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Simulacrum said:

Yea..Well compare sales..But really Madworld was one of few games that people waited for Wii in long time...Rly what was before?Super Mario Galaxy?

People will say that these were the "hardcore" titles for "hardcore fans of Wii".

Yeah, the sales were kind of my point - The game did not fall at the hands of reviews. That was my whole point. Your statement was incorrect.

Also, you can't gauge things by internet hype. And even if you do, Brawl was after Super Mario Galaxy and was quite possibly the most hyped game of this gen so far.

Simulacrum said:
Majin-Tenshinhan said:
Simulacrum said:

Thats way I feel reviews aside, if The Conduit can sell good not decent, BUT GOOD, like Resistance or CoD:WaW Wii, then it can show that a new tradtional IP CAN sell on Wii.