By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What would a Final Fantasy 7 remake sell?

scabab said:
Rei said:

Your info is incorrect.

- Advent Children sold 4.1 million copies. This doesnt include Advent Children Complete that has sold about half a million units so far.

- FFVII has never made it past 10 millions. It reached 9.7 million copies sold and that's counting all of its re-releases, international version and PC port.

I'd say an FFVII PS3 remake would make it to 3 million mark worldwide if it had an extremely strong advertising campaign.

That was 4 million DVD's as of 2006 it would have sold more since and that still doesn't count the UMD sales. And FF7 sold 9.7 million and the PSN FF7 has sold over 100k copies already it wouldnt be far off 10 million its not like Vgchartz are very accurate.

How about you stop using wikipedia as a trustworthy source? It was announced at Advent Children Complete premiere screening that the original movie has sold 4.1 million copies worldwide. This happened just a few months back.

And yes, vgchartz isnt exactly accurate when it comes to old games. That's why it has FFVII at 9.7m whilst in fact it sold less (9.7m is shipped, includes PC port and all of the game's re-rereleases except for recent PSN release)

Around the Network
nen-suer said:
10 million easy....could even reach 14 million

I can't figure out if you're serious here or pretending to be a jester.

Either way, no.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

This game would be huge! In japan alone it will do 4 million, and in others probably 1.5 million, then in the US 3.5 million. So around 9 million. For those who think this game would not be popular in the West, go to gamespot and check their most viewed videos.

Rei said:
scabab said:
Rei said:

Your info is incorrect.

- Advent Children sold 4.1 million copies. This doesnt include Advent Children Complete that has sold about half a million units so far.

- FFVII has never made it past 10 millions. It reached 9.7 million copies sold and that's counting all of its re-releases, international version and PC port.

I'd say an FFVII PS3 remake would make it to 3 million mark worldwide if it had an extremely strong advertising campaign.

That was 4 million DVD's as of 2006 it would have sold more since and that still doesn't count the UMD sales. And FF7 sold 9.7 million and the PSN FF7 has sold over 100k copies already it wouldnt be far off 10 million its not like Vgchartz are very accurate.

How about you stop using wikipedia as a trustworthy source? It was announced at Advent Children Complete premiere screening that the original movie has sold 4.1 million copies worldwide. This happened just a few months back.

And yes, vgchartz isnt exactly accurate when it comes to old games. That's why it has FFVII at 9.7m whilst in fact it sold less (9.7m is shipped, includes PC port and all of the game's re-rereleases except for recent PSN release)

Don't forget how many people could have also pirated it XD

BTW why do you care so much on how many copy's a remake will sell?

"I can't figure out if you're serious here or pretending to be a jester.

Either way, no."

I bet you it def would sell over 10 million copies.  It's FFVII.  Back when it was released, there weren't many games as there is now.

Neos said:
nen-suer said:
10 million easy....could even reach 14 million

I can't figure out if you're serious here or pretending to be a jester.

Either way, no.

no?.....hmmmm u make a good point XD

but am saying yes becouse FFVii was pirated like crazy (hell where i grew up i never saw an original copy until 1999)

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Around the Network
Rei said:

Your info is incorrect.

WRONG!

FF7 International has 590k sales... from VGChartz data. Add that to the 9.7million for the normal copy, and you have over 10million.

About 5-6. Not million, I literally mean 5 or 6.

Okay so I hate final Fantasy. It would make a profit but it wouldn't have epic sales or anything.

Hmm... I think that S-E missed the big release window for it if they were going to do so. When the FF7 hype was at its highest, with the movie, spin-off games, etc, I'dve said a remake could do 5 million without too much difficulty. It's dying down, though, so if it were to come out next month, I think it would struggle to reach, but would in the end, 4 million. Wait until next year, when the 13 spinoffs are going full circle (Proper, Agito, Versus...), and the hype will move toward 13 and away from 7. Sales of about 3 million, maybe a bit more. Waiting until FF14 will see it bottom out, probably grasping to reach 2.5 million.

-dunno001

-On a quest for the truly perfect game; I don't think it exists...

@kowenicki

LOL, u mean Expectations XD

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)

Remakes only very rarely surpass their originals in sales (usually when they're released in a region that the original was not), for the simple reason that most people don't want remakes. They want entirely new content, preferably compelling content that holds their interest and differentiates itself nicely from that which precedes it. As such, while an FF7 remake would sell fairly well, it wouldn't come even close to the sales of the original version.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.