By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What would a Final Fantasy 7 remake sell?

Id say it could do ~5million.

Possibly more with Halo sized marketting.

Around the Network

I would say around 5 million Worldwide.

Japan would be all set with like 1.78m, Others with like 1.12m and the US would have like 2.10m.

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

??

FFVII on the PSN sold 100,000 in two weeks...

What makes anyone think that a remake would sell in the range of 5 million??

My guess, an actual remake (3d/HD and all) would only sell between 1 to 2 million LTD

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

gebx said:
??

My guess, an actual remake (3d/HD and all) would only sell between 1 to 2 million LTD

This is a DOWNLOADABLE PS1 game you are talking about here. Most PS3/360 owners cannot even stomach PS2 graphics anymore, let alone PS1. And besides, the even on the Virtual Console few games have passed the 1m mark in downloads. Plus, FF7 is the highest selling Rpg of all-time isn't it? A new age remake for the kids could have a whole lot of pull if marketed correctly lol

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

SaviorX said:
gebx said:
??

This is a DOWNLOADABLE PS1 game you are talking about here. Most PS3/360 owners cannot even stomach PS2 graphics anymore, let alone PS1. And besides, the even on the Virtual Console few games have passed the 1m mark in downloads. Plus, FF7 is the highest selling Rpg of all-time isn't it? A new age remake for the kids could have a whole lot of pull if marketed correctly lol

hmmm... the original FF7 didn't sell cause of graphics...

But my original comment is misleading because I misread this entire thread, I was referring to FFVII sells if its on the PS3 only.

Would FFVII sell over 5 million on all three consoles? yeah, wouldn't be a problem

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

3m easy

Everyone seems to love Final Fantasy VII (apart from the people who inexplicably hate games like FFX) so why would it not sell well. There is clearly still interest in the franchise, as shown by the (PSP) great sales of Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII, so if it was fully remade in HD it would sell great

Lol @ the guy who said 1-2million LTD

It would probably do 1m+ in Japan opening week alone

If it would be advertised well it could sell a couple million.

For millions of player it will be a completely new game.
And the game seems to be so amazing that the new generation will probably love it, and play it like it's a new game.

By the way,
on GameFAQs FFVII has been the most looked up game ever.
And at the moment it's back to spot #4 after 12 years. lol

Voted Best.Game.Ever in 2005.
Cloud won Character Battle II.
and Sephiroth has won the only Villian Battle contest GameFAQs has had.

FFVII is one of the greatest games out there.. and that's a fact, whether you like it or not.

Why am I saying this actually?
Don't we all know? lol

''Hadouken!''

There's little denying that FF7 is popular on the internet. But (and here's the real shocker) most gamers are not the ones voting in GameFAQs polls or posting on message boards. People posting on the internet and voting in polls in FF7's favor represent maybe 2% of the people who bought FF7 at most (though the ratio climbs if you go by American-only players in both categories, it's still only about 5%). The vast majority of people who have played FF7 have never given any feedback on the game outside of buying it and/or its follow-up games and movies. This highlights one of the most important pieces of decision-making in business, in fact: you cannot trust the most vocal supporters of your products to be representative of your customers as a whole.

Back on the subject of an FF7 remake, I didn't really post any definite estimates, but I wouldn't expect an FF7 remake to sell more than about 4 million worldwide lifetime (that being a best-case scenario). On top of having the disadvantage of being a remake of a successful game, it would have to contend with the series' declining popularity, and sales potential would only be further complicated by which console it was placed on.

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

People on the internet on gaming sites are the gamers, the real gamers,
guys who play a game once a week before going to the club, you won't find them on GameFAQs and on VGChartz and IGN Boards and stuff.
So who cares what they think. Most of those people can't even tell how many bits a N64 is. lol

''Hadouken!''