By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What would a Final Fantasy 7 remake sell?

I'd say about 5 million on the PS3.

Around the Network
Ajax said:
People on the internet on gaming sites are the gamers, the real gamers,
guys who play a game once a week before going to the club, you won't find them on GameFAQs and on VGChartz and IGN Boards and stuff.
So who cares what they think. Most of those people can't even tell how many bits a N64 is. lol

And if businesses only catered to people like you've just described as "the real gamers", purposely trying to exclude "guys who play a game once a week before going to the club", no game would ever be a million-seller ever again.  Probably not even a quarter-million-seller.  Being the most vocal does not make you the best.  In fact, in business terms, being the most vocal means you're the most toxic of all customers, since meeting the demands of the most vocal means losing every customer who doesn't agree with them.

The silent majority is everywhere.  They pump your gas, they connect your phone calls, they clean your houses, they make your food, they guard you while you sleep.  Do not mess with them.  (This message brought to you by Tyler Durden.)

Sky Render - Sanity is for the weak.

5-7 million. It's one of the few games that people are actually asking for a remake of, and they've been asking for it since the PS2's early days.

You do not have the right to never be offended.

34 billion copies.

Ajax said:
People on the internet on gaming sites are the gamers, the real gamers,
guys who play a game once a week before going to the club, you won't find them on GameFAQs and on VGChartz and IGN Boards and stuff.
So who cares what they think. Most of those people can't even tell how many bits a N64 is. lol

Cause, you know, "bits" are the single most important factor in determining the speed, power, success, and overall playability of a console. Hence why there was little difference in the power between the GameBoy Advance and the original Xbox: both were 32 bit. Also why the 64 bit graphics of Goldeneye blew Halo 2 out of the water.

Around the Network

At least one.......MINE!

and about 3 -4 million more.

FF7 remake will be on the next Nintendo handeld that's for sure. The next one will probably be FF5 on DS, after that FF6 on the next Nintendo handheld and thereafter FF7.

i can see it selling any were from 5.5m -7.5m

If I remember correctly, square said that they wont make a remake unless the original team was back together again, otherwise it'd be an "injustice" to the game

and Sakaguchi isn't coming back

imo I seriously think in a span of 3or4 years it colud sell 10m. I mean really the hype n fan base for this gme is always growing. I Noe I would buy two copyies 1 for me to play n one to store for my collection. I already ownit for the ps1 also on psn. Don't look at it as a final fantasy game... Look at it as a persons religion bcuz it is that big don't hate.