By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - What would a Final Fantasy 7 remake sell?

And say it was a PS3 exclusive which it probably would be anyway. FF7 on PS1 sold over 10 million copies, the 2nd best selling PS1 game. Crisis Core the FF7 spinoff sold over 2 million copies, which is good for the PSP seeing how unpopular PSP games are. Now im not sure if its true but according to wiki FF7 advent children has sold over 10 million copies on DVD and UMD, if thats true (which im not sure if it is) thats better than most blockbuster movie sales i only know Transformers, POTC3 and The Dark Knight to sell that much. And even the FF7 just released on PSN sold over 100,000 copies already (Does anyone know how well MGS did on PSN?) FF7 just came 2nd on Gamefaqs best game tournament aswell. I think itd outsell MGS4 and definitely sell at least 4 million copies and it even has the potential to outsell GTA4 and be the best selling PS3 game.

Around the Network

Don't underestimate this title in the west. It's been a long time coming and there's been a ton of hype around it ever sinse the ps3 was developed. I agree with op, I think it would sell very well across all the markets.

If it was PS3-exclusive? 4 million max. Otherwise, 6 million max. But I don't think it'd get that high anyway, honestly. It has a very, very dedicated fanbase, yes, but I think a lot of people would rather have something new than a remake.

I'd say 15million =P.

Your info is incorrect.

- Advent Children sold 4.1 million copies. This doesnt include Advent Children Complete that has sold about half a million units so far.

- FFVII has never made it past 10 millions. It reached 9.7 million copies sold and that's counting all of its re-releases, international version and PC port.

I'd say an FFVII PS3 remake would make it to 3 million mark worldwide if it had an extremely strong advertising campaign.

Around the Network

I'd say about 4 million lifetime assuming it releases after FFXIII (which seems likely if the remake is ever announced). If Advent Children sold 4.1 million I see no reason why this can't do similar numbers if the PS3 user base is somewhat higher then it is now (assuming it'll be PS3 exclusive).

I would say around 6-7 million, the cult following for the original version is just to strong to deny. Its not even in my top 3 FF games and I would buy it.

Rei said:

Your info is incorrect.

- Advent Children sold 4.1 million copies. This doesnt include Advent Children Complete that has sold about half a million units so far.

- FFVII has never made it past 10 millions. It reached 9.7 million copies sold and that's counting all of its re-releases, international version and PC port.

I'd say an FFVII PS3 remake would make it to 3 million mark worldwide if it had an extremely strong advertising campaign.

That was 4 million DVD's as of 2006 it would have sold more since and that still doesn't count the UMD sales. And FF7 sold 9.7 million and the PSN FF7 has sold over 100k copies already it wouldnt be far off 10 million its not like Vgchartz are very accurate.

axumblade said:

It would probably hit close to 6 million. I would love to see a remake. The PSone game is classic and I downloaded it...and....it kind of made me sleepy just playing because the blockiness of the characters... :(

Then stay away from LEGO games! You'd be in a coma by the end of them.

Signature goes here!

10 million easy....could even reach 14 million

Vote to Localize — SEGA and Konami Polls

Vote Today To Help Get A Konami & SEGA Game Localized.This Will Only Work If Lots Of People Vote.

Click on the Image to Head to the Voting Page (A vote for Yakuza is a vote to save gaming)