By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games with Great Stories

IMO game that has very good stories that I have played are

Uncharted
God of war 1 and 2
Valkyria
Half life

and I have a feeling that these following games will have gr8 story(just a feeling)

Last guardian and heavy rain.

Around the Network

Resident Evil series excluding the 5th one. Especially RE4 whose story was just amazing. One of the best throughout all of gaming.

Knights of the Old Republic also had quite a storyline. But for me, the crown definitely goes to Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem. A very detailed and intricate storyline with one of the best conspiracies in any game ever. Good job Silicon Knights and Nintendo.

Hmmm....

Metal Gear Solid 1 & 3

Kingdom Hearts 1

Dead Space

Platinums: Red Dead Redemption, Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Terminator Salvation, Uncharted 1, inFamous Second Son, Rocket League

Mass Effect definatly

I mostly play RTS and Moba style games now adays as well as ALOT of benchmarking. I do play other games however such as the witcher 3 and Crysis 3, and recently Ashes of the Singularity. I love gaming on the cutting edge and refuse to accept any compromises. Proud member of the Glorious PC Gaming Master Race. Long Live SHIO!!!! 

Dolla Dolla said:
Am I mistaken in saying Heavenly Sword had a decent story?

I remember the voice acting being superb, but not sure if the story was subpar or good.

I thought of Heavenly Sword as well, but looking back I think it's just the presentation of the story (mo-cap and voice acting) and not the actual story that was so good.

Around the Network
Torillian said:
Dolla Dolla said:

I remember the voice acting being superb, but not sure if the story was subpar or good.

I thought of Heavenly Sword as well, but looking back I think it's just the presentation of the story (mo-cap and voice acting) and not the actual story that was so good.

Isn't presentation of the story more important than the story itself?  

Lost Odyssey, for exmaple.  The plot was typical "save the world for madman wanting to be god" that has been done to death in JRPGs. However, LO's story is more about the characters than the plot.  This is especially true with Disk 3 where the characters start to show some serious humanity.

Riachu said:
Torillian said:
Dolla Dolla said:

Isn't presentation of the story more important than the story itself?  

Lost Odyssey, for exmaple.  The plot was typical "save the world for madman wanting to be god" that has been done to death in JRPGs. However, LO's story is more about the characters than the plot.  This is especially true with Disk 3 where the characters start to show some serious humanity.

Presentation of the story is important, but if I'm being asked for the best video game stories ever I want to make sure that the story itself is great as well.

I say MGS series in a heart beat. Not only great poignant stories with relevant thematics, but also supported by exceptional cinematography and both funny and spiritual writing.
MGS3 and [especially] MGS4 are the highlights for me.

"You have the right to the remains of a silent attorney"

Army of Two, 50 Cent Blood of the Sand, 50 Cent Bulletproof, Wii Sports, and Madden 2003.

best game story ever for me:

KNIGHTS OF THE OLD REPUBLIC!

Last year's game of the year turned out to be Silent Hill : Shattered Memories (online GOTY was COD 6).  This year's GOTY leader to me is Heavy Rain.

Wii Friend Code: 4094-4604-1880-6889