By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games with Great Stories

MASS EFFECT

Best storyline in my 20 years of gaming (I'm now 28 years old).
Yes, it's that good.

My Gaming Setup

Around the Network
Neoraf said:

MASS EFFECT

Yes, it's that good.

I feel bad for you, Mass Effect isn't even in my top50 in terms of story.

shio said:
Neoraf said:

MASS EFFECT

Yes, it's that good.

I feel bad for you, Mass Effect isn't even in my top50 in terms of story.

I don't even have a Top 50 video game stories since half if not more of the games I play either have a mediocre if not downright bad stories or the story is purely an excuse for the gameplay.  By the way, what us your top 50 stories?  It doesn't matter how you answer it.

Neoraf said:

MASS EFFECT

Yes, it's that good.

No way, it's no a bad story, but it's not anything amazing either, there are far better stories than ME

Xenogears has the greatest game story ever.

Around the Network

Europa universalis 3, when I play as the teutonic order. When i'm finished, I click resign, and it gives me the summary of my rule. A tale for the ages, and many people will hear of it, because all of europe and asia was under my jurisdiction.

im_sneaky said:
Europa universalis 3, when I play as the teutonic order. When i'm finished, I click resign, and it gives me the summary of my rule. A tale for the ages, and many people will hear of it, because all of europe and asia was under my jurisdiction.

Oh, I did that. Amazing how I can make the tiny state of Bavaria rule most of Canada and have the Ottoman Empire as a vassal

Okami.

Okami

To lavish praise upon this title, the assumption of a common plateau between player and game must be made.  I won't open my unworthy mouth.

Christian (+50).  Arminian(+20). AG adherent(+20). YEC(+20). Pre-tribulation Pre-milleniumist (+10).  Republican (+15) Capitalist (+15).  Pro-Nintendo (+5).  Misc. stances (+30).  TOTAL SCORE: 195
  http://quizfarm.com/test.php?q_id=43870 <---- Fun theology quiz

im not gonna name all of them b/c theres too many to count lol. instead ill name a few of my favourites

FF7-10

Chrono Cross & Chrono trigger

dark cloud 1-2

DQ8

Lost Odyssey

MGS1-4

Mass Effect

KOTOR

Persona 3 & 4

Legend of Dragoon

Kingdom Hearts 1 & 2

...and the list goes on

Am I mistaken in saying Heavenly Sword had a decent story?

I remember the voice acting being superb, but not sure if the story was subpar or good.