By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games with Great Stories

1. Metal Gear Saga
2. Resistance Series (moved up to my #2 with the release of Resistance 2)
3. Resident Evil series (the atmosphere went down with 4 & 5 but Capcom still kept the storyline good)
InFamous and Killzone have pretty good storylines also

Around the Network

Grandia II
God of War (all)
Knights of the Old Republic (I loved both)
BioShock

Edit: I am a big 360 supporter on this site, but Mass Effect's story is kind of overrated. I was highly disappointed with the antagonist's motivation and the plot. Loved the gameplay. Hated the Mako also. Hope Mass Effect 2 has a really engaging and interesting story.

I'm not a fanboy, I just try to tip the balance in favor of logic and common sense.

Jade Empire
KOTOR series
Mass Effect
FF IV, VI, X, XII, Tactics
Tactics Ogre and Ogre Tactics:knights of lodis
Tales of Phantasia
Chrono Cross, Chrono trigger
Legend of Dragoon
Xenogears
Xenosaga
Tsugunai:Atonement
Lost Odyssey

and many more ...

Indeed, inFamous had a pretty good story, the ending was indeed a twist of code geass quality.

But as far as Story goes this gen so far, im sorry but it ultimately goes to one game and one game ALONE...

There is NONE greater then VC this gen, none...

Mass Effect
Phantasy Star 2
Tales of Vesperia
Betrayal at Krondor
Final Fantasy VI

Those are some great ones, IMO.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

Im in ur DS, bein all hardboiled

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

I no longer have the time to invest in story driven games so my pick would have to be Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within followed closely by The Longest Journey and it's sequel Dreamfall.

axumblade said:
I was thinking iNfamous when I saw the title of the thread..lol

I'm also addicted to the R&C:Future series and I need to know what happened next!!

Wow

insomniac17 said:
Wow, I came in here planning on explaining how the story in InFamous is so great, but it looks like that's already covered in the OP.
-more stuff-

We really do have similar game tastes.

Valkyria Chronicles (that is if the anime is based off of the game, since I haven't played it. I wish I had a PS3)

StiC said:
I no longer have the time to invest in story driven games so my pick would have to be Gabriel Knight: The Beast Within followed closely by The Longest Journey and it's sequel Dreamfall.

I thought we were only discussing console games. Otherwise, all of Gabriel knight series  would have been mentioned in my post.

Also, planescape torment.