By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Slim looks to be announced at the TGS

I can't remember if it was Playstation World or another playstation mag (in that general area) that said Ace Combat 6 was coming to the ps3 in 2008. So again it has to be announced by sony for me to believe it. I hope it is true, sony has really done a lot better now and they should see the sales to support it.

Around the Network

Interesting, though saying that the packaging looks like the PSPGO is in no way an indication that it's not a fake.

Either way, I stand by my E3 prediction: if the Slim materializes, it will not be accompanied by a price drop. Whatever the PS3 is going for at the time, that's what the Slim will go for. Certainly the point of the Slim is to lower manufacturing costs, but Sony cannot afford to pass those savings onto the consumer at this time; they have little choice but to pocket the savings instead. They'll instead rely on the new form factor to drive sales from both new users and people "trading up"; I doubt it will work, but it's what they will try.

Complexity is not depth. Machismo is not maturity. Obsession is not dedication. Tedium is not challenge. Support gaming: support the Wii.

Be the ultimate ninja! Play Billy Vs. SNAKEMAN today! Poisson Village welcomes new players.

What do I hate about modern gaming? I hate tedium replacing challenge, complexity replacing depth, and domination replacing entertainment. I hate the outsourcing of mechanics to physics textbooks, art direction to photocopiers, and story to cheap Hollywood screenwriters. I hate the confusion of obsession with dedication, style with substance, new with gimmicky, old with obsolete, new with evolutionary, and old with time-tested.
There is much to hate about modern gaming. That is why I support the Wii.

A slimmer PS3 release would seem to early right now at this point but anything could happen.

TO GOD BE THE GLORY

A slim PS3 for $349 or the highly unlikely price of $299 right before Christmas would be huge for Sony. They could probably beat 360 in holiday sales if they did that.

FAKE.