By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Slim looks to be announced at the TGS

In the latest issue of PSW Magazine (PlayStation World) based in the UK there is a small article all-but confirming the PS3 Slim and with some new information about when it will be announced. The article reads:

"The PS3 Slim Packaging looks almost identical to the confirmed PSP Go, so it isn't a fake. Expect the smaller, lighter PS3 to be announced at the Tokyo Games Show in September, just in time for Xmas"

This year the Tokyo Games Show will be held from September 24 to September 27 in the Makuhari Messe, in Chiba, Japan. We hope that the PS3 Slim could be announced sightly before but as long as it get's announced i'm sure that a lot of 360, Wii and even a few PS3 users will be getting one.

http://liveplaystation.webnode.com/news/playstation-3-slim-information/

Around the Network

Im expecting this to be true, what about you guys?

ALSO

The same site has also said that the 'cut' will also happen at the TGS.
http://liveplaystation.webnode.com/news/ps3-price-cut-to-be-announced-at-tokyo-games-show/

If all this is true, Sony have already won TGS

Or... someone could of copied the PSP go packaging?

We'll see... in the internet world the Slim and pricecut have been "about to be announced" for a while now.

I know its true....hell will be absolutely shocked if it isnt announced, if it has BC in it i'll be gettin another PS3

Around the Network

It just makes a lot of sense to me. Why shouldn't Sony make a slimmer and cheaper PS3? Anyway, looking forward to TGS.

"In the end, you're always on your own."

~ Squalll Leonheart

Kasz216 said:
Or... someone could of copied the PSP go packaging?

We'll see... in the internet world the Slim and pricecut have been "about to be announced" for a while now.

I agree.

However this actually gives a believable date, and PSW is a credible source (if they actually have written an article about it )

Sony should really do something about their hardware front.
At this point I think they could do three things.
1) Price cut
2) Introduce Backward compatibility
3) Announce a slim model.

Unfortunately they are not doing anything about any of these pointers.

It is better to die on one's feet

then live on one's knees

Everyone´s hoping it´s a $100 price cut, not a $50 one.

They are charging $250 for a PSP go so I'm afraid how much the PS3 Slim will be. Around $599 is my guess.