By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Slim looks to be announced at the TGS

bonkers555 said:
Taz! said:
Xxain said:
Taz! said:
bonkers555 said:
They are charging $250 for a PSP go so I'm afraid how much the PS3 Slim will be. Around $599 is my guess.

Maybe the slim will be slightly more expensive, but if so........you can expect the other models to get a $100 cut.

if slim is more expensive and it doesnt have BC or any other features...i will be pissed

Well, I just think it would be a business plan very like the PSP Go. With an extremely profitable PSP Go and PS3 Slim, along with all the software sales at the time...........I think Sony could get away with a $100 cut without too much damage.

Nomatter how much they will be ripping off consumers, they gotta do what they gotta do.......

The better question is, if the older PS3 Model will be price cut or Discontinue Clearance. 

That doesnt even make sense... Why would they keep manufacturing something that costs more to make and sell at a cheaper price? Its not like the fat ones will have more appeal... no one will care if they get discontinued.

Around the Network

A slim...and a price cut? That may be enough to make me salivate!

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

I still don't expect it.

4 ≈ One

looks belieable

sony it not advertising it games for "playstation 3" but rather "PS3" a bit earlier than e3 @axumblade. PSP Go comes with 16gb and bluetooth. PSP 3000 that it's 169.99$ only comes with a charger. no memory stick or anything the 199.99$ PSP 3000 bundles come with a game or 4gb memory stick.

axumblade said:
Dgc1808 said:
I still don't expect it.

I don't either but it's fun to speculate.

Speculating is what's seen me through this Gen with Sony.

Thee are always great Sony rumours about :)

Around the Network

wasn't the slim confirmed to a hoax? Those pictures that were released were from a copy system (something that happens a lot in asia).

Basically, somebody made a crappy system and then stuck the ps3 logo on their to get people to buy it.

Well... a Slimline PS3 bundled with GT5 would go down a treat.

axumblade said:
Taz! said:
axumblade said:
Dgc1808 said:
I still don't expect it.

I don't either but it's fun to speculate.

Speculating is what's seen me through this Gen with Sony.

Thee are always great Sony rumours about :)

The most fun thing is when the rumor turns out to be real. It's never as exciting but it's still pretty cool.

@gergroy - I don't think Sony would let people know that a slim was on the way. Sony have had enough issues with leaks for this year for it to go either way. I don't think they are done working on a PS3 slim but I do think there is a possibility of it existing but being only a prototype for the time being.

I agree that  sony might be working on a slim, but I don't think they would be releasing it already.  Sony's pricepoint is too high for a slim, they have always come out with the slim when they get below the $200 mark.  Plus, the pictures that sparked the rumor were a hoax. 

Personally, I think a slim ps3 (if one ever comes out) is still at least 2 years off. 

Oh, the old PS3 slim rumor, there it is. :) I was afraid you guys would drop it, glad to see it's alive and kicking!

Nintendo Network ID: Cheebee   3DS Code: 2320 - 6113 - 9046

If it come with Resistance 2 or any of Sony's first party game then ill buy one.