By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Slim looks to be announced at the TGS

If and when they'll really do it, I'm curious about what MS will come up with to try to hog from them the limelight...

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network

Even a broken clock is right twice a day ...

These rumours will eventually be true, but the fact that every event will be the announcement of the PS3 slim with a price-cut makes me fairly doubtful about any particular rumour.

I sure hope so, but I won't get my hopes up

Price cut, yes. Slim, no. :(

Prediction:

TGS this year for PS3 will be amazing.

Grandia comes to PSN(PSone classic).

First Versus gameplay this year.

The Adventures Of Duane and Brando

Well, if they won't put japanese gamers on fire the best thing would doing this 4 steps

1)Slim Model
2)50$price cut
3)Back of backward compatibility and the Gran Finale

4)Realese it with FFXIII, making a Great Art in PS3 and a beatiful box of the game. And just to put more fire in possible buyers is putting a BD with ps2 FF(excluding XI of course) and would be good putting the ps1 games too. People who already bought a Ps3 because of FFXIII would get another just because of the bundle.
GT and FF is everything sony has in Japan now, they should use it as much they can.

Around the Network

^Thats 4 steps, not 3 :)

^how is that not 4 steps? he has 4 numbers at least.

NiKKoM said:
JEDE3 said:
bonkers555 said:
They are charging $250 for a PSP go so I'm afraid how much the PS3 Slim will be. Around $599 is my guess.

Palm in face.... The PS3 won't be DD only. So a part of the 250 goes towards retailers more than usual for a cosnole.

I don't believe it.. I can finally use this picture..

Lmfao ! XD

Anyways yeah, I expect a pricedrop and quite possibly the slim.

Only other option for them to reach their fiscal goals is to release GT5 but even that .. well I doubt it'd be enough of a boost.

Check out my game about moles ^

bonkers555 said:
They are charging $250 for a PSP go so I'm afraid how much the PS3 Slim will be. Around $599 is my guess.

They are charging $250 for PSP Go to recoup PS3's loses $ony knows they must reduce price to stay in the race.  Why would increase the price of the PS3 by $200 make No sense??????????

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller

It is rumored that the price-cut is coming October so TGS will be the perfect time to announce.

*Al Bundy's My Hero*

*Al Bundy For President*

Waiting On GT7!!!

PSN ID: Acidfacekiller