By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Slim looks to be announced at the TGS

ocnkng said:
Sony should really do something about their hardware front.
At this point I think they could do three things.
1) Price cut
2) Introduce Backward compatibility
3) Announce a slim model.

Unfortunately they are not doing anything about any of these pointers.

Considering at least 1 and likely 2 of them will be coming this year, I think they are doing something to adress the situation :p

Around the Network
Kasz216 said:
Or... someone could of copied the PSP go packaging?

We'll see... in the internet world the Slim and pricecut have been "about to be announced" for a while now.

Wasn't this leaked before the PSP Go packaging?

I have every reason to believe that the PS3 Slim is real.  Ars Technica's most reliable source basically confirmed it.  The box looks real enough.  And as much as Chinese companies love to copy-cat, they aren't blatant enough to copy word for word PlayStation 3 and Playstation Network and Sony, as well as all the symbols.  They use similar names like BlockBerry, Vii, or PolyStation.

hope its true, its nice to see from the pic that is has a 120gb hdd in it. might pick me up a ps3 slim if its true, though i would love the color to be silver instead. :)

GAMERTAG IS ANIMEHEAVEN X23

PSN ID IS : ANIMEREALM 

PROUD MEMBER OF THE RPG FAN CLUB THREAD

ALL-TIME FAVORITE JRPG IS : LOST ODYSSEY

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=52882&page=1

bonkers555 said:
They are charging $250 for a PSP go so I'm afraid how much the PS3 Slim will be. Around $599 is my guess.

Maybe the slim will be slightly more expensive, but if so........you can expect the other models to get a $100 cut.

bonkers555 said:
They are charging $250 for a PSP go so I'm afraid how much the PS3 Slim will be. Around $599 is my guess.

Palm in face.... The PS3 won't be DD only. So a part of the 250 goes towards retailers more than usual for a cosnole.

Around the Network
Taz! said:
bonkers555 said:

Maybe the slim will be slightly more expensive, but if so........you can expect the other models to get a $100 cut.

if slim is more expensive and it doesnt have BC or any other features...i will be pissed

Xxain said:
Taz! said:
bonkers555 said:

if slim is more expensive and it doesnt have BC or any other features...i will be pissed

Well, I just think it would be a business plan very like the PSP Go. With an extremely profitable PSP Go and PS3 Slim, along with all the software sales at the time...........I think Sony could get away with a $100 cut without too much damage.

Nomatter how much they will be ripping off consumers, they gotta do what they gotta do.......

Taz! said:
Xxain said:
Taz! said:
bonkers555 said:

Well, I just think it would be a business plan very like the PSP Go. With an extremely profitable PSP Go and PS3 Slim, along with all the software sales at the time...........I think Sony could get away with a $100 cut without too much damage.

Nomatter how much they will be ripping off consumers, they gotta do what they gotta do.......

The better question is, if the older PS3 Model will be price cut or Discontinue Clearance. 

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2009/6/10/sony-confirms-slim-playstation-32c-launch-on-september-24th2c-2009.aspx

"..that's [almost] a given. Oh right, we almost missed the hardware specifications - according to our sources, the slim PS3 was brought to life courtesy of Toshiba and TSMC making smaller versions of the key chips inside the console.

Die-shrink of Sony Cell - 45nm SOI, Toshiba
Die-shrink of nVidia GPU - 40nm bulk, TSMC
2.5" 120GB hard disk drive, 5400rpm

In case of nVidia's GPU, things get really interesting. nVidia used Computex to pre-announce several 40nm parts arriving in Q3 2009. Two of them belong to the notebook world, one of them is constantly being rumored about slipping to 2010, and one is - 128-bit version of GeForce 7800, e.g. nV RSX."

JEDE3 said:
bonkers555 said:

Palm in face.... The PS3 won't be DD only. So a part of the 250 goes towards retailers more than usual for a cosnole.

I don't believe it.. I can finally use this picture..

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!)