By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS3 Slim looks to be announced at the TGS

I don't think it'll happen, slim or price cut that is.

Around the Network

Wait... isn't TGS in November?

Alic0004 said:
Wait... isn't TGS in November?

I believe it's September.

Anyway, I too expect a PS3 slim to be revealed at TGS as well as a price-cut to coincide with the release. I believe that is what Sony has to do to compete this Christmas.

lulz oh really now?

This does look legit though.

I doubt it. But then again, I really don't care. PS3 doesn't need a slim version to be worth buying to me.

Around the Network

I reckon the following will happen in this order:-

1. PS3 slim announced and released near the 09 holiday season with game/movie bundles available as well

2. PS3 slim price cut next year, a $100 price cut, I reckon either march, or even holiday season again....although it cold be used as their ace up their sleave if PS3 slim sales drop off quickly in all 3 major regions

This way, Sony will finally start making money off the PS3 hardware, as well as the Slim PS3 having been designed to be so cheap to manufacture that even having a $100 price cut wouldn't cause sony to lose money again but at least break even....and seeing as slim version tend to boost sales then sony can simply ride the wave and when needed use the price drop to further their ride.

this is the only way I see it happening for Sony, and I reckon it could work, just need some heavy advertising and she'll right as rain.

i hope they get a slim out this year with price cut and with there killer games this holiday season it would be a great start for new ps3 owners just getting in to this generation

bonkers555 said:
They are charging $250 for a PSP go so I'm afraid how much the PS3 Slim will be. Around $599 is my guess.

This. i dont know if is true but  a US$200 iphone has been announced, if that is true i want to know whats sony is excuse to make the GO US$250

dd if = /dev/brain | tail -f | grep games | nc -lnvvp 80

Hey Listen!

https://archive.org/details/kohina_radio_music_collection

@radha - the iPhone(16gb) is $200 and it requires you to have a 24 month contract with AT&T. If you already have a AT&T contract its just an extra $399(16gb)/$499(32gb) to buy a new iPhone (the old 8gb iPhone is $100 cheaper while stocks last).

On to the PSP Slim rumour i believe its true. I also see it as a major factor in a possible price drop for PS3 this year. SONY will obviously drop the price by atleast $50, however i wouldn't be surprised to see them drop the price by $100 if the PS3 Slim is cheap enough to manufacture.

Ya i really just hope more people buy the ps3 and more games so online is more fun with a game six months after it comes out instead or just small game rooms like r2