By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Sales Are GOOD.....SONY DON'T Drop Price!

nojustno said:
lol someone should bump this thread during the holidays if they really don't cut price. It'll happen though, $299 slim. Bet on it.

I can't if I bumb it I'll get banned for 7 days you do it you'll proberly get a warning or one day ban

Tag:I'm not bias towards Nintendo. You just think that way (Admin note - it's "biased".  Not "bias")
(killeryoshis note - Who put that there ?)
Switch is 9th generation. Everyone else is playing on last gen systems! UPDATE: This is no longer true

Biggest pikmin fan on VGchartz I won from a voting poll
I am not a nerd. I am enthusiast.  EN-THU-SI-AST!
Do Not Click here or else I will call on the eye of shinning justice on you. 

Around the Network
vess13 said:
when, I say most of them, do you feel that you don't wanna read that so you can start an argument?
http://vgchartz.com/poll/results.php 14/12/08
look at the results in this site.

That poll was voted for by 1,136 people - a lot of voters wouldn't have any financial burden, either. That is not a good sample of anything. Don't you realise how insignificant that poll is?

Millions of people have become unemployed through this recession, and those who have stayed employed may have had to take pay or hourly cuts. Look at British Airways, for example, the CEO of British Airways is currently working for free (and he's asked as many employees as possible to do the same), does the CEO of one of the largest airlines in the world fit into the right demographic?

The recession is vast and it's effecting everyone - whether directly or indirectly. To say that it would have no - or minimal - effect would be downright naive.

jmcraddock said:
PS3 is beating Xbox 360 in the console war. If you chart the first two years of RELEASE for the xbox360 and ps3, ps3 is higher. Xbox360's are only higher because theyve gotten an extra year. So really, PS3 is doing amazing

Oh yeah,the ps3 is doing amazing. Come on people, ps3 is awesome right now......

Are you serious?

vess13 said:
ppl on this site are the ppl who are "affected by the economy" also, since after all that's whats stoping them, if they cut on that they'll cut on buying games and consoles too, and most of them haven't stopped.

Now you are making no sense at all.

Only people who come on gaming sites, are the people affected by the economy?

What?

it has an affect, it hasn't reached most ppl yet. lots of experts say this ressecion will be a W, goes down, up, then one more down before it becomes normal again(Newsweek, not made up). so now we should be in the middle of the first drop, these things don't destroy peoples's lives overnight. so what I'm gonna say a last time, since I really got annoyed, is that sales will get even worse.

Around the Network
nojustno said:
lol someone should bump this thread during the holidays if they really don't cut price. It'll happen though, $299 slim. Bet on it.

If they do that...and I convince my wife to let me...I will buy one!

@Avinash Nobody said this was the biggest reccesion...although the OP seemed like he wanted to make seem that way. It's still a recession, and people are still having a hard time getting by. So, Sony should drop the price, I have no doubt that they would sell more consoles.

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

I wouldn't lower the price if I were Sony, I would just advertise like crazy and create good bundles.

Do you realise the poll you are talking about, was taken 6 months ago?

Do you also realise that out of the "1billion potential buyers" that only like 1000 people, most of them who will probably own a current gen console, voted?

What you are saying is bullshit.

Big companies are going bust, banks aint giving out mortgages, and a LOT of people have become unemployed... and you think the recession "hasnt reached most people"?

Get a grip.

TRios_Zen said:
I wonder how often it is that consumers of non-luxury/esteem goods PREFER that the multi-billion dollar company who makes their product of choice maintains an inflated price, even in an economic recession.

Sony does not have fans, they have a CULT...amazing and powerful brand loyalty.

I don't understand your first paragraph. Are you saying that the PS3 is a non-luxury product? I beg to differ: all gaming consoles are luxury products, but most especially the PS3, being the highest priced console it is the luxury console (please don't misinterpret this statement, luxury does not necessarily = best). Also, are you saying that the PS3 price is inflated? I think this claim flies in the face of the claims of both PS3 supporters and detractors; particularly the detractors. At ever turn those who would see the PS3 crash and burn delight in telling anyone who will listen that the PS3 is still being sold at a loss. If a company is selling a product at a loss, by defintion, the price of the product CANNOT be inflated. At a time when a multi-billion dollar company is making a loss as an entire company, it makes no business sense for them to drop the price on any product which is making a loss/breaking even at best, that would just compound the losses and make it that much more difficult to get back to profitability. Selling a product as a loss leader is a common and reasonable business practice, in order to establish market share and/or if compensatory profits are being generated further downstream (with accessories and software), but this is not the case for Sony and PS3 right now. PS3 has reasonable market share already, and they obviously haven't been making compensatory profits elsewhere. Therefore continuing with the loss leader strategy for PS3 no longer has any business case justification, therefore no proce drop. During a global recession the most responsible thing a company can do is seek to return to profitability, ergo the most responsible thing for Sony to do is not drop the price of the PS3 until such time as the lower price is at break even or small profit. Sony's mission is quite clear, PS3 must sell at a profit ASAP (I think it probably is already) and continue to sell at a profit from here on out.

Your last sentence speaks more of your hate than the blindness of other people's brand loyalty; especially in light of the lack of sound reasoning in the opening paragraph.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Guys, why is no-one taking into account that a $100 price cut is certain as things stand, unless something has changed and Sony have altered their forecasts.?