By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - PS3 Sales Are GOOD.....SONY DON'T Drop Price!

vess13 said:
1.ppl that are potential buyers, this is in other words the "white collar" ppl, someone who does manual labor wouldn't buy a console, in most probability.
2.I don't know the exact number, but I think around 1 biilion( including ppl who never played and who will never play since i don't know they're numbers either).
3. you should have said: I really need a 3 as 1 + 2 were so obvious.

Okay, so basicly... what you are saying is that out of them billion potential buyers, most of them aint affected by the recession.

How do you know this?

Around the Network

Why is anyone starting these discussions?

No one seriously thinks that Sony management is trolling these forums before making company decisions, do they?

vess13 said:
1.ppl that are potential buyers, this is in other words the "white collar" ppl, someone who does manual labor wouldn't buy a console, in most probability.

Oh, you mean all the people that work at the Lehman Brothers, Freddie Mac, Fannie May, all of the City workers, they haven't been effected.

Please, you don't know what you're talking about.

when, I say most of them, do you feel that you don't wanna read that so you can start an argument?
http://vgchartz.com/poll/results.php 14/12/08
look at the results in this site.

Carl2291 said:
vess13 said:
2.I don't know the exact number, but I think around 1 biilion( including ppl who never played and who will never play since i don't know they're numbers either).
3. you should have said: I really need a 3 as 1 + 2 were so obvious.

Okay, so basicly... what you are saying is that out of them billion potential buyers, most of them aint affected by the recession.

How do you know this?

Well, yeah, not greatly anywho. Who in their right mind would buy a $400.00 console while they were just barely getting by? C'mon people, use common sense!

Past Avatar picture!!!

Don't forget your helmet there, Master Chief!

Around the Network

This isn't the biggest recession the world has ever seen, the world has experienced multiple recessions much more painful, usually these recessions are so bad they are coined depressions

Predictions:Sales of Wii Fit will surpass the combined sales of the Grand Theft Auto franchiseLifetime sales of Wii will surpass the combined sales of the entire Playstation family of consoles by 12/31/2015 Wii hardware sales will surpass the total hardware sales of the PS2 by 12/31/2010 Wii will have 50% marketshare or more by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  It was a little over 48% only)Wii will surpass 45 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2008 (I was wrong!!  Nintendo Financials showed it fell slightly short of 45 million shipped by end of 2008)Wii will surpass 80 Million in lifetime sales by the end of 2009 (I was wrong!! Wii didn't even get to 70 Million)

vess13 said:
when, I say most of them, do you feel that you don't wanna read that so you can start an argument?
http://vgchartz.com/poll/results.php 14/12/08
look at the results in this site.

What the hell does that poll have to do with 500million+ potential buyers being affected by the recession?

lol someone should bump this thread during the holidays if they really don't cut price. It'll happen though, $299 slim. Bet on it.

ppl on this site are the ppl who are "affected by the economy" also, since after all that's whats stoping them, if they cut on that they'll cut on buying games and consoles too, and most of them haven't stopped.

PS3 is beating Xbox 360 in the console war. If you chart the first two years of RELEASE for the xbox360 and ps3, ps3 is higher. Xbox360's are only higher because theyve gotten an extra year. So really, PS3 is doing amazing